Quantcast

opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

Craig Gallen (opennms)
Hi,

Before I raise a bug, I have a quick question as this may be being
addressed already. Am i missing some new installation step or is there
an issue with the web ui.

I have installed OpenNMS 19 from snapshots
19.0.0-0.20170104.onms1150.release.19.0.0.49

and the topology and geographical pages are not loading
the response is 'page not found' on multiple pages including

http://localhost:8980/opennms/vaadin-wallboard Page Not Found
http://localhost:8980/opennms/topology  Page Not Found
http://localhost:8980/opennms/node-maps Page Not Found

I opened a karaf admin terminal and a large number of the bundles for
topology dashlets, vaadin, plugin manager etc are INSTALLED but not
ACTIVATED which would explain why pages are failing to load. Previously
these activated as part of the start up process.

I looked in Karaf log and saw issues with the pax-web-extender
HTTP-whiteboard which might partly explain the problem.

Any thoughts welcome :) Should I raise an issue?

Craig

017-01-05 12:51:23,125 DEBUG
org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
org.opennms.container.web.bridge: BundleEvent STARTING -
org.opennms.container.web.bridge
2017-01-05 12:51:23,167 WARN
org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7(52)
[FelixStartLevel]
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.FilterTracker:
Registered filter
[org.opennms.container.web.bridge.internal.DispatcherFilter@2cad4f8c]
did not contain a valid url pattern or servlet names property
2017-01-05 12:51:23,175 DEBUG
org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
[org.osgi.service.http.HttpService,
org.apache.felix.http.api.ExtHttpService] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge
2017-01-05 12:51:23,175 DEBUG
org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
[javax.servlet.Filter] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge
2017-01-05 12:51:23,212 ERROR
org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7(52)
[FelixStartLevel]
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication:
Registration skipped for
[ListenerWebElement{mapping=DefaultListenerMapping{httpContextId=null,listener=org.opennms.container.web.felix.base.internal.EventDispatcher@397203d0}}]
due to error during registration
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Internal error: In use
HttpService is not an WebContainer (from Pax Web)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.element.ListenerWebElement.register(ListenerWebElement.java:62)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
        at
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication.registerWebElement(WebApplication.java:270)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
        at
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication.addWebElement(WebApplication.java:127)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
        at
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.AbstractTracker.addingService(AbstractTracker.java:169)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
        at
org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.AbstractTracker.addingService(AbstractTracker.java:44)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
        at
org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:932)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
        at
org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
        at
org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
        at
org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
        at
org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:894)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:943)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:794)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:544)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:4445)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:3431)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:346)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:353)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.opennms.container.web.bridge.internal.BridgeActivator.doStart(BridgeActivator.java:68)[42:org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
        at
org.opennms.container.web.felix.base.internal.AbstractActivator.start(AbstractActivator.java:42)[42:org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:645)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:2154)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2072)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1299)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:304)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
2017-01-05 12:51:23,220 DEBUG
org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
[java.util.EventListener] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-devel mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-devel

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

Craig Gallen (opennms)
Jeff kindly provided the fix for this problem so I am posting it here.

This is a known problem with OpenNMS 19 which will be fixed before
release. The problem is to do with some minion modules failing to start
which effects the overall startup. In the meantime a fix (which allows
opennms to work but prevents minions from handing syslog and trapd) is

open /etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

remove the lines
  opennms-syslogd-handler-default,\

  opennms-trapd-handler-default,\

Craig

On 05-01-17 2:24 PM, Craig Gallen (opennms) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before I raise a bug, I have a quick question as this may be being
> addressed already. Am i missing some new installation step or is there
> an issue with the web ui.
>
> I have installed OpenNMS 19 from snapshots
> 19.0.0-0.20170104.onms1150.release.19.0.0.49
>
> and the topology and geographical pages are not loading
> the response is 'page not found' on multiple pages including
>
> http://localhost:8980/opennms/vaadin-wallboard Page Not Found
> http://localhost:8980/opennms/topology  Page Not Found
> http://localhost:8980/opennms/node-maps Page Not Found
>
> I opened a karaf admin terminal and a large number of the bundles for
> topology dashlets, vaadin, plugin manager etc are INSTALLED but not
> ACTIVATED which would explain why pages are failing to load. Previously
> these activated as part of the start up process.
>
> I looked in Karaf log and saw issues with the pax-web-extender
> HTTP-whiteboard which might partly explain the problem.
>
> Any thoughts welcome :) Should I raise an issue?
>
> Craig
>
> 017-01-05 12:51:23,125 DEBUG
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge: BundleEvent STARTING -
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge
> 2017-01-05 12:51:23,167 WARN
> org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7(52)
> [FelixStartLevel]
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.FilterTracker:
> Registered filter
> [org.opennms.container.web.bridge.internal.DispatcherFilter@2cad4f8c]
> did not contain a valid url pattern or servlet names property
> 2017-01-05 12:51:23,175 DEBUG
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
> [org.osgi.service.http.HttpService,
> org.apache.felix.http.api.ExtHttpService] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge
> 2017-01-05 12:51:23,175 DEBUG
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
> [javax.servlet.Filter] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge
> 2017-01-05 12:51:23,212 ERROR
> org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7(52)
> [FelixStartLevel]
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication:
> Registration skipped for
> [ListenerWebElement{mapping=DefaultListenerMapping{httpContextId=null,listener=org.opennms.container.web.felix.base.internal.EventDispatcher@397203d0}}]
> due to error during registration
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Internal error: In use
> HttpService is not an WebContainer (from Pax Web)
> at
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.element.ListenerWebElement.register(ListenerWebElement.java:62)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
> at
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication.registerWebElement(WebApplication.java:270)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
> at
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication.addWebElement(WebApplication.java:127)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
> at
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.AbstractTracker.addingService(AbstractTracker.java:169)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
> at
> org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.tracker.AbstractTracker.addingService(AbstractTracker.java:44)[52:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-whiteboard:4.2.7]
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:932)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:894)[karaf.jar:2.4.3]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:943)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:794)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:544)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:4445)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:3431)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:346)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:353)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge.internal.BridgeActivator.doStart(BridgeActivator.java:68)[42:org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
> at
> org.opennms.container.web.felix.base.internal.AbstractActivator.start(AbstractActivator.java:42)[42:org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:645)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:2154)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2072)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1299)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:304)[org.apache.felix.framework-4.4.1.jar:]
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
> 2017-01-05 12:51:23,220 DEBUG
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge:19.0.0.SNAPSHOT(42) [FelixStartLevel]
> org.opennms.container.web.bridge: ServiceEvent REGISTERED -
> [java.util.EventListener] - org.opennms.container.web.bridge
>
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-devel mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

Jeff Gehlbach
On 01/05/2017 10:25 AM, Craig Gallen (opennms) wrote:
> Jeff kindly provided the fix for this problem so I am posting it here.

Thanks for that, Craig.

It's also necessary to stop OpenNMS and remove the contents of
OPENNMS_HOME/data while it is stopped.

-jeff


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-devel mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-devel

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

poiuyiuy
I have the same problem.

my opennms version is 19.0.1-1(My OS is CentOs7 and Postgresql 9.2.18-1.el7 , java version is 1.8.0_11-b12)

http://localhost:8980/opennms/graph/graph/ Page Not Found
http://localhost:8980/opennms/admin/ng-requisitions/admin/ng-requisitions/index.jsp#/requisitions/  Page Not Found

as you said

In the /etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg files, no line this line
  opennms-syslogd-handler-default,\
  opennms-trapd-handler-default,\
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: opennms Release 19 RPM dashlet and topology Features installed but not active - no web page

Ronny Trommer-3
The most reason for this problem is the ${OPENNMS_HOME}/etc has configs which are tight on a specific version of OpenNMS Horizon.

Please verify the

* ${OPENNMS_HOME}/etc/custom.properties
* ${OPENNMS_HOME}/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

are from the version of OpenNMS Horizon you have installed. You can copy them over from ${OPENNMS_HOME}/share/etc-pristine. They reference code with a specific version. Make sure you delete the content of the ${OPENNMS_HOME}/data directory which can contain old content from your previous version of OpenNMS Horizon.

In hope this helps


> On 6 Mar 2017, at 11:01, poiuyiuy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have the same problem.
>
> my opennms version is 19.0.1-1(My OS is CentOs7 and Postgresql 9.2.18-1.el7
> , java version is 1.8.0_11-b12)
>
> http://localhost:8980/opennms/graph/graph/ Page Not Found
> http://localhost:8980/opennms/admin/ng-requisitions/admin/ng-requisitions/index.jsp#/requisitions/
> Page Not Found
>
> as you said
>
> In the /etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg files, no line this line
>  opennms-syslogd-handler-default,\
>  opennms-trapd-handler-default,\
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/opennms-Release-19-RPM-dashlet-and-topology-Features-installed-but-not-active-no-web-page-tp7594658p7594995.html
> Sent from the OpenNMS - devel mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
> http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ
>
> opennms-devel mailing list
>
> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-devel mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-devel

signature.asc (507 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...