filters

Holder, Bill
Hi guys,

    I'm just playing with filters, isn't that just a bundle of laughs? :)

    In the documentation, it says you can't do ((categoryname == 'windows') and (categoryname != 'printers'))

    I need to have something like: ipaddr != '0.0.0.0' and ((category == windows) and (category != printers) and category = mixed))

    So what's the right way to do it? Is there a 'catNOTinc' equivalent?

/B

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.
Any attachments should be checked for viruses by you, before being opened. SunWater accepts no responsibility for an attachment that contains a virus.

Re: filters

Joel Comeaux

I just went through that bundle of laughs myself:

<filter>( catincwindows &amp; catincmixed &amp; (! catincprinters) &amp; (ipaddr != ‘0.0.0.0’))</filter>

...I think that’d work in files like poller-configuration.xml (you need “&amp;” when you don’t have the CDATA tags).

Re: filters

Shawn Heisey
If there's a way to specify what you want using a regular expression, I
believe you can use ~ instead of == and have it work.  I know regex is
very powerful, but I don't know one can be written to match what you are
after.