Quantcast

different SNMP polling interval for different nodes

different SNMP polling interval for different nodes

saqib
Hello to all

I want to collect data from two different nodes via SNMP. I want to keep different polling intervals for each node. Is it possible in opennms to keep the different SNMP polling interval for each node? if yes, how??

Regards
Saqib Javed

Re: different SNMP polling interval for different nodes

Ronny Trommer-3
Hi Saqib,

I assume you want to collect performance data with “Collectd” [1]. You have to create a collection package for each time interval you want to poll. The important thing, beside maintaining the collectd SNMP poll interval, you also have to change the RRD configuration to have a correct step size. This can be ignored when you are using Newts.

[1] http://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/19.0.1/guide-admin/guide-admin.html#ga-performance-mgmt