Windows Server disk free not tally with graph

Windows Server disk free not tally with graph

yukleong
Hi, I have just install OpenNMS version 1.10.5 on CentOS 6.3. Got it configured and it polling data from a few Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 bit and others devices.

I have installed SNMP-Informant version 1.6 on the Win Servers and I can see data graph on the OpenNMS but check with the reported free disk space with the Servers disk property and it does not tally. All the disk reported is lesser than what Windows reported.

Eg.
C Drive :- Win (115 GB), Informant (77 GB)
E Drive :- Win (101 GB), Informant (25.57 GB)
R Drive :- Win (12.1 GB), Informant (7 GB)

Graph from the OpenNMS MIB show the Total and Used space and if I subtract the result it is the same as Win Server reported.

How do I get SNMP-Informant to report the correct figures or add another line in OpenNMS MIB graph to show the free disk space? Thanks.

Re: Windows Server disk free not tally with graph

jcaceres
Hi yukleong!!!

I am Jonathan I was working with OpenNMS.
if you want to add one line to do operations you have to go to snmp-graph.properties, there you look your graph and add one like similar to this :

CDEF(To do operations) eg: CDEF:newvalue=Total,Used,-  and another line GPRINT(to show the information). eg: GPRINT:newvalue:Total:"AVERAGE  \\: %8.2lf %s"

Then restart opennms.

Best Regards,
Jonathan

P.D If you have some doubt Let me know and I will try help you.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM, yukleong [via OpenNMS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I have just install OpenNMS version 1.10.5 on CentOS 6.3. Got it configured and it polling data from a few Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 bit and others devices.

I have installed SNMP-Informant version 1.6 on the Win Servers and I can see data graph on the OpenNMS but check with the reported free disk space with the Servers disk property and it does not tally. All the disk reported is lesser than what Windows reported.

Eg.
C Drive :- Win (115 GB), Informant (77 GB)
E Drive :- Win (101 GB), Informant (25.57 GB)
R Drive :- Win (12.1 GB), Informant (7 GB)

Graph from the OpenNMS MIB show the Total and Used space and if I subtract the result it is the same as Win Server reported.

How do I get SNMP-Informant to report the correct figures or add another line in OpenNMS MIB graph to show the free disk space? Thanks.

http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/Windows-Server-disk-free-not-tally-with-graph-tp7580956.html
To start a new topic under OpenNMS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OpenNMS, click here.
NAML

Then restart opennms.

Re: Windows Server disk free not tally with graph

yukleong
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

Added the new line as advise and it is showing now. thanks.

Rgds,
Yuk Leong