Trouble forwarding SNMP traps from HP SIM to OpenNMS

Trouble forwarding SNMP traps from HP SIM to OpenNMS

jayhawkfan4262
Hi all,

I am currently working on a project to forward SNMP traps from one of our HP System Insight Manager servers to one of our OpenNMS servers. So far I have tried everything I can think of to try to get the traps to come across port 162 on the OpenNMS server, but nothing has come of it yet. When I run a lsof -i :162 I see that a java process is running on that port, which I'm assuming is the listener for OpenNMS. Running a tshark -f 'port 162' on the server, however, shows there is no traffic at all. There is no firewall set up to filter that traffic. My questions for you all are; does anyone have any experience with forwarding from SIM to OpenNMS, and how can I go about configuring SNMP monitoring for this SIM server?