This Week in OpenNMS: March 20th, 2017

Benjamin Reed

It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internals, the Minion, and the web UI.

Github Project Updates

  • Internals

Jesse and I finished converting XML parsing to JAXB. All that’s left is to remove some final references to Castor and then it’s gone. I also did a bunch of work changing our JAXB objects to use Java 8’s Optional class for return values. Antonio did more work on bugs in CDP and OSPF discovery in Enlinkd. Seth did more work on improving the Elasticsearch integration.

  • Minion

Jesse added DNS and XmlCollector collector support to the Minion.

  • Web UI

Markus and Craig worked on more cleanups to Craig’s asset -> topology mapper. Christian and Markus did more work on refactoring Provisiond and requisition handling.

Upcoming Events and Appearances

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  • HZN-1035: Service opennms doesn’t start after upgrade from 18.0.4 to 19.0.1
  • NMS-8897: NPE in CdpLink.toString()
  • NMS-9134: Migrate remaining XSDs from Castor to JAXB
  • NMS-9201: SyslogParser should not assume UTC timestamps
  • NMS-9213: PSQL Exception When Acknowledging Alarms
  • NMS-9226: OpenNMS won’t start after upgrade to version 19
  • NMS-9230: Randomize ES1 cluster names so tests don’t join each others’ clusters