This Week in OpenNMS: June 19th, 2017

Benjamin Reed

It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal and web UI changes.

Github Project Updates

  • Internals, APIs, and Documentation
  • Antonio worked on more Enlinkd and topology bugs.
  • Jesse fixed a bug in Collectd in Horizon 20 that would cause large amounts of collection on non-primary interfaces
  • I fixed some issues related to the JAXB update.
  • I continued my work on a JavaScript API for OpenNMS.
  • Web
  • Seth worked on the ReSTv2 APIs and cleanup.
  • Markus and Alejandro fixed some UI bugs in the event configuration and map pages.

Tarus Balog will Keynote Ohio Linux Fest

Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled _"A Short History of an Open Source Business"_ and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.

For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement: https://ohiolinux.org/tarus-balog-to-keynote-ohio-linuxfest-2017/

Upcoming Events and Appearances

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  • HZN-1053: Create BackingEngineFactory for Karaf JAAS module
  • HZN-1054: Some (other) events have Log Messages that are more verbose than Description
  • HZN-1056: Add SNI suppot for SSLCertMonitor
  • HZN-1086: Upgrade ActiveMQ to 5.14
  • HZN-1087: Upgrade Camel to version 2.18
  • NMS-6216: Strange entries in output.log
  • NMS-8341: Custom Karaf banner and misleading osgi:shutdown hint
  • NMS-8473: Karaf extender fails to start up due to Wagon error
  • NMS-8793: Minion code throws "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown protocol: mvn"
  • NMS-8825: SNMP4J high thread churn
  • NMS-9085: Upgrade embedded Apache Karaf to version 4.0
  • NMS-9321: Update Minion's Apache Karaf to 4.0.8
  • NMS-9324: 'wrap' protocol not loading early enough with Karaf 4.0.8
  • NMS-9413: Collectd is scheduling collection for every IP address instead of just primary interfaces
  • NMS-9419: Quick search HTTP error
  • NMS-9424: Grouped status circle on geomap is not a circle