It’s time for This Week
in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal and
web UI changes.
Github Project Updates
APIs, and Documentation
- Antonio worked on more Enlinkd and topology bugs.
- Jesse fixed an issue with thresholding WS-Man collection results.
- Jesse worked on fixing StrafePing on the Minion.
- Jesse did more work on initial Java 9 support.
- Seth did more work on upgrading our embedded Karaf to 4.1 and our ActiveMQ to 5.14.
- Dustin updated the docs on using the
- Jesse fixed a bug discovered in OpenNMS 20 where secondary SNMP interfaces were being collected when they shouldn't be.
- Craig did a bit more work on the alarm alert browser support.
- Markus converted the location field of the SNMP configuration page to a select box.
OpenNMS Horizon 20 Released
OpenNMS Horizon 20 was released last week, with tons of minion updates and a lot of other changes. For a complete list of changes, see the release notes: http://bit.ly/opennms-changes-20
Also note, Horizon 20 has finished our conversion to processing XML with JAXB, and some files that previously worked may need to be modified to be well-formed. As we get reports from users about pitfalls they run into, we'll document them in the wiki upgrade guide: https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Upgrade_Guide:_19_to_20
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers’ conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus’s announcement on the OpenNMS blog: https://opennms.org/en/blog/2017-03-07-devjam-2017
When you’re ready to register, go to the registration page: http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration
See you there!
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page: http://www.opennms.com/training/
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].