This Week in OpenNMS: June 13th, 2017

Benjamin Reed

It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal and web UI changes.

Github Project Updates

  • Internals, APIs, and Documentation
  • Antonio worked on more Enlinkd and topology bugs.
  • Jesse fixed an issue with thresholding WS-Man collection results.
  • Jesse worked on fixing StrafePing on the Minion.
  • Jesse did more work on initial Java 9 support.
  • Seth did more work on upgrading our embedded Karaf to 4.1 and our ActiveMQ to 5.14.
  • Dustin updated the docs on using the SSLCertMonitor.
  • Jesse fixed a bug discovered in OpenNMS 20 where secondary SNMP interfaces were being collected when they shouldn't be.
  • I continued my work on a JavaScript API for OpenNMS.
  • Web
  • Craig did a bit more work on the alarm alert browser support.
  • Markus converted the location field of the SNMP configuration page to a select box.

OpenNMS Horizon 20 Released

OpenNMS Horizon 20 was released last week, with tons of minion updates and a lot of other changes. For a complete list of changes, see the release notes: http://bit.ly/opennms-changes-20

Also note, Horizon 20 has finished our conversion to processing XML with JAXB, and some files that previously worked may need to be modified to be well-formed. As we get reports from users about pitfalls they run into, we'll document them in the wiki upgrade guide: https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Upgrade_Guide:_19_to_20

Upcoming Events and Appearances

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  • HZN-950: Fix WarnChecksumPolicy warnings on startup
  • HZN-1065: detect server capabilities in OpenNMS.js
  • HZN-1079: Upgrade the jar, source and assembly Maven plugins
  • NMS-8093: Privilege Escalation Bug with Grafana Plugin
  • NMS-9265: Topology Map ip like search produces duplicates
  • NMS-9291: Logging for TCP output queue
  • NMS-9303: Remove unused events and event definitions
  • NMS-9327: Installation issues with OpenJDK JRE
  • NMS-9349: VMware Provisioning Error
  • NMS-9379: Improved visualization for large trees with the Hierarchy Layout
  • NMS-9381: Erroneous outages/failures triggered when stopping OpenNMS
  • NMS-9386: Breadcrumb for requisitions has extra “/app” in path
  • NMS-9387: Increase default connection timeout for HikariCP
  • NMS-9390: OpenNMS won’t start after upgrade