This Week in OpenNMS: July 5th, 2017

Benjamin Reed

It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we did various internal and web UI work.

Github Project Updates

  • Internals, APIs, and Documentation
  • Alejandro did more work on improving the logging of events.
  • I did a bit more work on fixing up the JAXB bugs introduced in 20.0.0, including adding smoke tests for some of the UI that was impacted.
  • Seth worked on the ActiveMQ support in OpenNMS.
  • Antonio fixed more Enlinkd bugs.
  • I fixed the syslogd-configuration.xml parser to honor out-of-order ueimatch fields, like Castor did.
  • Jesse fixed support for falling back to the default SNMP configuration for nodes that do not have a location-specific configuration.
  • Seth added support for parameterized SQL in the criteria API.
  • Antonio fixed some RANCID bugs introduced as part of the JAXB changes.
  • Jesse worked on changing some handling of RPC JMX requests to the Minion.
  • Seth fixed an issue with lock timeouts in the poller.
  • Markus fixed the ReST API to return useful XML or JSON responses on error.
  • Alejandro fixed an issue with clearing path outage alarms.
  • Web
  • Roman Solomakhov added the ability to search categories in the topology UI for providers that support it.
  • Christian fixed some issues with the Vaadin dashboard and trend charts.
  • Seth did more work on infrastructure related to the v2 ReST API.
  • I changed the timespan lists in the KSC reports to render "_" as a space.
  • Antonio improved the layout of shared segments in the topology UI.
  • Alejandro added a confirmation before overwriting requisitions on clone.
  • Markus worked on integrating opennms.js into Helm, as well as adding support for nested conditions.

MC Frontalot's New Music Video

MC Frontalot released a music video on the subject of free software and open source featuring OpenNMS and Ulf!

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffQjrTCkLI

Upcoming Events and Appearances

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  • HZN-1066: retrieve alarm info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
  • HZN-1068: retrieve event info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
  • HZN-1108: ReST endpoints do not handle exceptions correctly
  • NMS-5105: collectd does not unschedule deleted nodes
  • NMS-8759: Add category search provider support to Atlas topology provider
  • NMS-9422: Event Configuration Screen Requires Alarm Type
  • NMS-9427: NPE on Vaadin Dashboard
  • NMS-9441: Minion RPM lays down /opt/minion/debian directory
  • NMS-9445: minion:ping does not properly validate JMS broker connectivity
  • NMS-9452: Improve logging for EventIpcManagerDefaultImpl
  • NMS-9462: Minion requires location-specific definitions in SNMP config
  • NMS-9466: IllegalMonitorStateException in Poller ReentrantLock causes polling to stop
  • NMS-9471: NPE discovery bridge topology
  • NMS-9472: AMQP features broken after Camel upgrade
  • NMS-9473: Trend graphs: colors with alpha channel not working in Google Chrome
  • NMS-9477: RancidAdapter type mismatch
  • NMS-9480: Add parameterized SQL support to Criteria API
  • NMS-9481: Clone foreign source requisition overwrites config of other requisition without any hint or warning