This Week in OpenNMS: July 31st, 2017

Benjamin Reed

It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on internals, documentation, and web APIs.

Github Project Updates

  • Internals, APIs, and Documentation
  • I got rid of the RANCID "rws-not-configured" exception when it's not configured.
  • Jesse worked on cleaning up some code in Enlinkd.
  • Markus enabled the IFTTT integration in the main codebase.
  • Alejandro did more work on wrapping up his Drools and BSF alarm northbounders.
  • I worked on fixing integration test code to run inside docker cleanly.
  • I worked on handling errors more cleanly in the SNMP table tracker.
  • Ronny worked on setting up documentation in the Helm project.
  • Web and UI
  • Markus fixed javascript URL resolution in some browsers (IE, I'm looking at you)
  • Seth did more work on the global search UI.
  • Dustin merged his GraphML scriptable vertex code.
  • Markus did more wrap-up on his front page status chart enhancements.
  • Seth worked on instrumenting query metadata in the alarm ReSTv2 API.
  • I implemented trouble ticket create/update/close in opennms.js.
  • Jesse implemented alarm sticky note and journal editing in opennms.js and Helm.
  • I implemented auto-compilation and bundling of the opennms.js and Helm projects develop branches into master.

Upcoming Events and Appearances

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to [hidden email].

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  • HZN-1063: Add scriptable vertex status support to GraphML topologies
  • HZN-1073: Grafana datasource for OpenNMS alarms
  • HZN-1112: IFTTT integration
  • NMS-8229: OpenNMS Starts and then stops
  • NMS-9328: Add status charts to index page to indicate overall status