Quantcast

The top nav bar disappears when embed openNMS in an IFrame

The top nav bar disappears when embed openNMS in an IFrame

rockdale
Hi, all:

This is the first time I work with OpenNMS. We are trying to host/embed openNMS web interface inside one of the webpage in our intranet website. I thought this should be straight forward but the top navbar and horizon logo are disappearing when embedded in an IFrame. What left is just the breadcrumb (home>.....) and the content.  Looked in the /includes/bootstrap.jsp. It is these lines

<c:choose>
  <c:when test="${param.quiet == 'true'}">

  </c:when>
  <c:otherwise>
    <jsp:include page="/navBar.htm" flush="false" />
  </c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

So I commented out the c:choose and make the /NavBar.htm alway gets included. But it is still not showing. Also I cannot find NavBar.htm anywhere nor NavBar.jsp files in the source code. Are they generated on the run time?  You can tell I am pretty new for JSP/Spring. Any help/hints will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-rockdale

Re: The top nav bar disappears when embed openNMS in an IFrame

Jesse White-3

Hi Rockdale,

We actually ran into this recently too. Try making these changes:

   https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/pull/1088/commits/6b5ef6294690b0c5da56e15ebefaef1a9d31c7c2

Best,
Jesse

On 10/27/2016 09:22 AM, Rockdale Green wrote:
[...]

Hi, Jesse:

Thanks for your reply. I went to the link but it shows the commit is missing?

We went looking everywhere, but couldn’t find those commits.

Sometimes commits can disappear after a force-push. Head back to the latest changes here.

Though the commit is very useful - we also trying to do auto-login.

Allow login via GET requests #1088

I actually tried to enable anonymous access for all, Add Anonymous_role in applicationContext_spring_security.xml wherever USER_ROLE appears. The top navigation is missing even access from web browser. (not within an iframe).

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Jesse White <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Oops. Take a look at the commit referenced in this JIRA issue instead:
    https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-929

If you're not compiling from source, you can try making the changes to the navbar.ftl file in the following .jar:
    ${OPENNMS_HOME}/jetty-webapps/opennms/WEB-INF/lib/opennms-webapp-${version}.jar

-Jesse

On 10/28/2016 08:39 AM, Rockdale Green wrote:
[...]

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the link. That exactly what I needed.

I updated the navbar.tfl, but it is still not working. When I view the iframe source (or page source when browser the webpage outside a iframe)
It still shows

<script type='text/javascript'>
if (window.location != window.parent.location) {
  // Hide the header
  $("#header").hide();
  // Remove any padding from the body
  $("body.fixed-nav").attr('style', 'padding-top: 0px !important');
}
</script>
<!-- End bootstrap header -->

looks the change did not get to the client. Does the server cached the older webpage somehow. I verified that the ftl is changed. stopped openNMS when I made the change.  Started the openNMS, and I also made sure that the web browser cleared all the cache/histories. Here are the steps I did:

1. stop opennms by issue:
opennms stop

2. copied opennms-webapp-18.0.0.jar from /usr/share/opennms/jetty-webapps/opennms/WEB-INF/lib to /usr/myusername/test

3. under dir /usr/myusername/test issue:
 jar xf opennms-webapp.18.0.0.jar to extract the jar

4. went to /usr/myusername/test/org/opennms/web/controller to edit navbar.ftl file. (I actually commented out the whole $("#header").hide(); line just to make sure)

following are the changes:
if (window.location != window.parent.location && window.name.indexOf("-with-header") == -1) {
  // Hide the header
  //$("#header").hide();
  // Remove any padding from the body
  $("body.fixed-nav").attr('style', 'padding-top: 0px !important');
}

5 went back to dir  /usr/myusername/test and issue:
jar uf opennms-webapp-18.0.0.jar org/opennms/webcontroller/navbar.ftl

6. copied opennms-webapp-18.0.0.jar under  /usr/myusername/test to another directory and extract the jar to verify the navbar.ftl contains the changes I just made.

7. copied opennms-webapp-18.0.0.jar to /usr/share/opennms/jetty-webapps/opennms/WEB-INF/lib

8. issue " opennms start " to start opennms

Did I missing something? I searched the files extracted from opennms-webapp-18.0.0.jar and did not find any other places contain $("#header").hide(); at all. navbar.ftl is the only file that contains it.

Any help is very much appreciated.
-rockdale

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Jesse White <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi, Hope somebody can shed some light on this issue. I still could not figure out why my changes are not working.

I suspect the webpages /js files are generated and stored somewhere? that why the modified codes did not take place? If so, where should I delete these files so that the next time when opennms will generate these files again and take modified codes?

I doubled checked the jar file, it contains the modified navbar.tfl

I commented everything inside the if statement

if (window.location != window.parent.location && window.name.indexOf("-with-header") == -1) {
   // Hide the header
   //$("#header").hide();
   // Remove any padding from the body
  //$("body.fixed-nav").attr('style', 'padding-top: 0px !important');
}

but when viewing source on the browser I still got the older version of this code:

<script type='text/javascript'>
if (window.location != window.parent.location) {
  // Hide the header
  $("#header").hide();
  // Remove any padding from the body
  $("body.fixed-nav").attr('style', 'padding-top: 0px !important');
}
</script>
<!-- End bootstrap header -->

I tried stop opennms, restart the machine, nothing make any difference.

Thanks for any tips.

-rockdale