Slack webhook config

Arthur Mark Carter

Hi, I have configured Slack webhook according to opennms documentation...

https://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/latest/guide-admin/guide-admin.html#ga-notifications-bonus-strategies

Has anyone got "Slack" notifications to work?

This works from the command line: curl -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json' --data '{"text":"Hello, World!"}' https://hooks.slack.com/services/Txxxxxxxxxx/Bxxxxxxxxxx/Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    <- api keys masked here

here is my notificationCommands.xml setup;

<command binary="false">
  <name>slack</name>
  <execute>org.opennms.netmgt.notifd.SlackNotificationStrategy</execute>
  <comment>class for sending messages to a Slack team channel for notifications</comment>
  <argument streamed="false">
    <switch>-subject</switch>
  </argument>
  <argument streamed="false">
    <switch>-tm</switch>
  </argument>
</command>

slack.properties file in the opennms.properties.d directory

org.opennms.netmgt.notifd.slack.webhookURL= https://hooks.slack.com/services/Txxxxxxxxxxx/Bxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   <- api keys masked here
org.opennms.netmgt.notifd.slack.username=OpenNmsNotify   <- this is the name of the app I created in the Slack api...
org.opennms.netmgt.notifd.slack.iconURL=:warning:
org.opennms.netmgt.notifd.slack.channel=mychannelname

I am not sure I have notifications correctly configured, destination paths, etc...see this message in Events... "Operator Instructions","No instructions available"

I am following the youtube Tarus B. vids and documentation closely...but no joy :(

Thank you