Service name restrictions

(private) HKS
What are the naming restrictions for custom services? All I see in the
stock services are alphanumeric characters and dashes. Can it accept
dots, underscores, spaces, etc?

If there's somewhere I can find this information, please point me at it!

-HKS

Re: Service name restrictions

Jeff Gehlbach
On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:37 AM, (private) HKS wrote:

> What are the naming restrictions for custom services? All I see in the
> stock services are alphanumeric characters and dashes. Can it accept
> dots, underscores, spaces, etc?

Alphanumerics, dashes, and underscores are all acceptable.  I don't
think dots are legal.

Spaces are technically allowed, but you will kick yourself down the
road if you use them, so they're best avoided.

-jeff