Prevent services from being automatically added

Prevent services from being automatically added

EmptySet
I'm very new to OpenNMS and am still trying to learn some of the idiosyncrasies... can someone help me understand how to prevent services from being added to a node?  For example, I create a node, add SNMP and ICMP save it and then when I check the node, the HTTP service has been added.  I don't want that service added.  I delete it, and it gets added again later.  How can I prevent this?

  Thanks.

Re: Prevent services from being automatically added

Roskens, Ronald-2
That's part of the provisioning requisition detectors. Either as part of the default foreign source or specific to the requisition you added the node to.

{username} -> Configure OpenNMS -> Manage Provisioning Requisitions -> Edit Default FS
{username} -> Configure OpenNMS -> Manage Provisioning Requisitions -> Edit detectors and policies for requisition (2nd edit button for the requisition)

Ron

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Re: Prevent services from being automatically added

Dean Slaughter
Read the doc for provisioning requisitions.  Foreign sources defines what is scanned per your provisioning requisition.

I'm very new to OpenNMS and am still trying to learn some of the idiosyncrasies... can someone help me understand how to prevent services from being added to a node?  For example, I create a node, add SNMP and ICMP save it and then when I check the node, the HTTP service has been added.  I don't want that service added.  I delete it, and it gets added again later.
How can I prevent this?

  Thanks.

This message is confidential to Prodea unless otherwise indicated or apparent from its nature. This message is directed to the intended recipient only, who may be readily determined by the sender of this message and its contents. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient:(a)any dissemination or copying of this message is strictly prohibited; and(b)immediately notify the sender by return message and destroy any copies of this message in any form(electronic, paper or otherwise) that you have.The delivery of this message and its information is neither intended to be nor constitutes a disclosure or waiver of any trade secrets, intellectual property, attorney work product, or attorney-client communications. The authority of the individual sending this message to legally bind Prodea is neither apparent nor implied,and must be independently verified.

Re: Prevent services from being automatically added

EmptySet
That makes sense now, thanks.  And then I can drill into each group I've made and remove detectors as desired.

  Thanks to you both!

Roskens, Ronald-2 wrote