Please fix Debian repo Release file

Kris Jacobs

I’ve been getting this error in Debian for the last few versions of OpenNMS:

% sudo apt-get update

W: Conflicting distribution: http://debian.opennms.org stable Release (expected stable but got opennms-19)

Installing OpenNMS Debian repository is documented here:

http://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/19.0.1/guide-install/guide-install.html#_debian_apt_repository

How Debian repositories work is documented here:

https://wiki.debian.org/RepositoryFormat

Of particular interest is the section describing how to setup a Release file:

https://wiki.debian.org/RepositoryFormat#A.22Release.22_files

When I look at this Release file, I think I see the problem – Suite: opennms-19  should be changed to Suite: stable

http://debian.opennms.org/dists/stable/Release

Thanks!

-Kris J.

Re: Please fix Debian repo Release file

Benjamin Reed-4
On 3/20/17 5:11 PM, Kris Jacobs wrote:

W: Conflicting distribution: http://debian.opennms.org stable Release (expected stable but got opennms-19)

Yeah, it's not fatal.  The tools we're using aren't generating the right suite name, but fixing it is non-trivial, and I am in the middle of a rewrite.  It's safe to ignore for now.