Quantcast

Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

salmanearn
My opennms is stoping in every few mins, the web interface become inaccessible. When i restart my opennms service.It start working again as intended. where to look for error logs. Any suggestion on how to fix that.

Thanks & Regards

Sal

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

David Hustace

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 12:20 PM, salmanearn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> where to look for error logs

Logs are in the folder: /var/log/opennms/

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

salmanearn
Can you assert-en any things from the output.

[root@opennms-2 opennms]# cat trapd.log

2017-04-05 11:02:11,872 INFO  [Main] o.s.c.s.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext: Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@10c0a4fd: startup date [Wed Apr 05 11:02:11 UTC 2017]; parent: ApplicationContext 'daoContext'
2017-04-05 11:02:11,900 INFO  [Main] o.s.b.f.x.XmlBeanDefinitionReader: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-trapDaemon.xml]
2017-04-05 11:02:11,945 INFO  [Main] o.s.b.f.a.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor: JSR-330 'javax.inject.Inject' annotation found and supported for autowiring

David Hustace wrote
> On Apr 4, 2017, at 12:20 PM, salmanearn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> where to look for error logs

Logs are in the folder: /var/log/opennms/

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

David Hustace

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 7:17 AM, salmanearn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can you assert-en any things from the output.
>
> [root@opennms-2 opennms]# cat trapd.log
>
> 2017-04-05 11:02:11,872 INFO  [Main] o.s.c.s.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext:
> Refreshing
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@10c0a4fd:
> startup date [Wed Apr 05 11:02:11 UTC 2017]; parent: ApplicationContext
> 'daoContext'
> 2017-04-05 11:02:11,900 INFO  [Main] o.s.b.f.x.XmlBeanDefinitionReader:
> [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-trapDaemon.xml]
> 2017-04-05 11:02:11,945 INFO  [Main]
> o.s.b.f.a.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor: JSR-330
> 'javax.inject.Inject' annotation found and supported for autowiring

No.

Look for Exceptions in manager.log and output.log.

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

salmanearn
Sorry you were right there is a error under cat manager.log

 Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)]

any idea why?

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

David Hustace

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 8:28 AM, salmanearn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry you were right there is a error under cat manager.log
>
> Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException
> [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
> 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
>        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)]
>
> any idea why?

That’s not enough of the log to diagnose the cause.  Please provide as much information as you possibly can.

Before you continue with the following questions, try this on your own.  First, stop opennms and remove all the log files then try starting again.  Then, check *all* your logs for ERROR messages and Exceptions.  Read through them carefully.  Note what changes you’ve made to any files in the OpenNMS etc/ folder.  After that, then:

What platform are you running OpenNMS?
What version of OpenNMS have you installed?
Which JDK are you using and what version?
Is this a new installation or an upgrade?
Was it every working?
Did you change any configuration files?
Did you follow all the steps documented for installation?

Put your logs on a publicly accessible place so we can see them.  Make sure you remove all the log files before you try to start again so that they are clean.

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

Re: Opennms servcie stoping every few mins

David Hustace

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 8:23 AM, salmanearn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Which logs to monitor there are many logs files. Can not found any reasonable
> readable logs in that folder which suggest an error .

They are all important.

$ cd /var/log/opennms

Try:
$ grep -l ERROR *log

This will list any log files that have an ERROR.  Investigate the log messages in those files that have ERROR messages.

$ grep -l Exception *log

This will list any log files that have an Exception (probably the same as above except for output.log).  Investigate the log messages in those files that have ERROR messages.

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.