OpenNMS minion development - SecureCredentialVault

OpenNMS minion development - SecureCredentialVault

Craig Gallen (opennms)
Hi,

Readng the minion developers guide, in 2.4.1. Security, it says, 'Don’t
store any credentials on disk, use the SecureCredentialVault instead'.
(https://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/latest/guide-development/guide-development.html#_security)

However I cannot find any api reference in, java, karaf or in opennms
code on git to the SecureCredentialVault. Does any one have an example
of how this is used and where the api is documented. It might be helpful
if a link was added to the documentation :)

Thanks

Craig

Re: OpenNMS minion development - SecureCredentialVault

Jesse White-3

On 06/27/2017 09:49 AM, Craig Gallen (opennms) wrote:
> Readng the minion developers guide, in 2.4.1. Security, it says, 'Don’t
> store any credentials on disk, use the SecureCredentialVault instead'.
> (https://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/latest/guide-development/guide-development.html#_security)
>
> However I cannot find any api reference in, java, karaf or in opennms
> code on git to the SecureCredentialVault. Does any one have an example
> of how this is used and where the api is documented. It might be helpful
> if a link was added to the documentation :)

The interface is available here:

https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/blob/5f9b668dcac68a24f5571fd596302375cdfc707f/features/scv/api/src/main/java/org/opennms/features/scv/api/SecureCredentialsVault.java#L32

It's named 'SecureCredentialsVault' vs 'SecureCredentialVault', which is why it difficult to find :)

-Jesse