OpenNMS admin without privileges

hombrezuelo
Hi everyone

I'm facing the following case

I'm running OPENNMS V.19.0.1 over CentOS 7
Java Version: 1.8.0_92 (Oracle Corporation)
Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (1.8.0_92-b14)
Java Specification: Java Platform API Specification (Oracle Corporation, 1.8)
Java Virtual Machine: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (Oracle Corporation, 25.92-b14)
Java Virtual Machine Specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification (Oracle Corporation, 1.8)
Operating System: Linux 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64 (amd64)
Servlet Container: jetty/9.4.0.v20161208 (Servlet Spec 3.1)
Database Type: PostgreSQL
Database Version: 9.2.18
Time-Series Strategy: RRDTool or JRobin

It was running smoothly  'til I updated CentOS, after it I couldn't start opennms and I had to reinstall everything from the scratch, right now is up and running but when logging in to the openms web console I realize that admin user do not have privileges to make changes admin
and I'm not able to add or delete nodes to monitoring.

Please someone can throw me a bone here, to point me in the right direction to solve this case?

Thank you
Jah bless you

Re: OpenNMS admin without privileges

Dan Stevenson

Check your users.xml and see if the admin user section has this line:

<role>ROLE_ADMIN</role>

On 3/10/2017 12:50 PM, hombrezuelo wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I'm facing the following case
>
> I'm running OPENNMS V.19.0.1 over CentOS 7
> Java Version: 1.8.0_92 (Oracle Corporation)
> Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (1.8.0_92-b14)
> Java Specification: Java Platform API Specification (Oracle Corporation,
> 1.8)
> Java Virtual Machine: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (Oracle
> Corporation, 25.92-b14)
> Java Virtual Machine Specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification
> (Oracle Corporation, 1.8)
> Operating System: Linux 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64 (amd64)
> Servlet Container: jetty/9.4.0.v20161208 (Servlet Spec 3.1)
> Database Type: PostgreSQL
> Database Version: 9.2.18
> Time-Series Strategy: RRDTool or JRobin
>
> It was running smoothly  'til I updated CentOS, after it I couldn't start
> opennms and I had to reinstall everything from the scratch, right now is up
> and running but when logging in to the openms web console I realize that
> admin user do not have privileges to make changes
> <http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/file/n7595036/openms.png>
> and I'm not able to add or delete nodes to monitoring.
>
> Please someone can throw me a bone here, to point me in the right direction
> to solve this case?
>
> Thank you
> Jah bless you

Re: Solved: OpenNMS admin without privileges

hombrezuelo
Hi Dan thank you for answering, just I added that line and it works!!!

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Re: Solved: OpenNMS admin without privileges

Dan Stevenson

No problem, glad I could help!

Sanders Home Services