Offline installation

Pedro Jimenez
Hi all. I'm trying to install OpenNMS 1.12 on a server running CentOS that is not connected to Internet (so no yum). I have downloaded all rpm, and installed (with rpm -Uvh packet.rpm):

postgresql
postgresql-server
jdk
jicmp
jicmp6
opennms-core
opennms-webapp-jetty
opennms

Finally run $OPENNMS_HOME/bin/install -dis and everything seems fine.

[root@localhost ~]# opennms start
Starting OpenNMS:                                          [  OK  ]
[root@localhost ~]# opennms -v status
OpenNMS.Eventd         : running
OpenNMS.Trapd          : running
OpenNMS.Queued         : running
OpenNMS.Actiond        : running
OpenNMS.Notifd         : running
OpenNMS.Scriptd        : running
OpenNMS.Rtcd           : running
OpenNMS.Pollerd        : running
OpenNMS.PollerBackEnd  : running
OpenNMS.Ticketer       : running
OpenNMS.Collectd       : running
OpenNMS.Discovery      : running
OpenNMS.Vacuumd        : running
OpenNMS.EventTranslator: running
OpenNMS.PassiveStatusd : running
OpenNMS.Statsd         : running
OpenNMS.Provisiond     : running
OpenNMS.Reportd        : running
OpenNMS.Alarmd         : running
OpenNMS.Ackd           : running
OpenNMS.JettyServer    : running
opennms is running

But, when accessing http://server_ip:8980/opennms/login.jsp, just a blank page is displayed. No contents.

Any idea?

Re: Offline installation

Pedro Jimenez
Ok, using lynx I found it was a problem related to Java, so I re-ran installer and

/opt/opennms/bin/runjava –S /usr/java/latest/bin/java

and now is working.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:06:47 +0200
Subject: [opennms-discuss] Offline installation

[...]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ October Webinars: Code for Performance Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance. Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60133471&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________ Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ: http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ opennms-discuss mailing list To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss

Re: Offline installation

ganeshsaisudarsan@gmail.com
 Iam ganesh,I would like to install openNMS project in my computer to do this I need installers' setup file download links    for the following things,they are
 1. JRRD library for windows 7,
 2. Offline installer of OpenNMS for windows 7.

I downloaded these files for windows ,but it downloading files for linux flavour only we need direct link for windows installer files.

Re: Offline installation

mahsa.mtm
I need to install opennms offline as my server doesn't have access to internet, my server is Centos 7.2 and I need to download them on my local mac and then scp to server. (I couldn't find any instruction for offline installation)
I don't know how to that and it is an urgent project could anybody help me in this regard ?

Re: Offline installation

Niels Tomey
You can download the rpms from the repository on another box, then transfer this to the target server. But then you'd have to make sure to transfer all the dependencies as well.

So download all applicable packages from the repository (I think it was repos.opennms.org or something like that, check the docs), transfer these and try to install. Your box will tell you whatever it will need to complete the installation, find and download the packages for these (database, snmp tools and so on).

Wash rinse repeat until it runs. If you run something like centos minimal install you might want to check for some packages you'll surely need to speed this up.

Alternatively, start with a clean server, hook it up to the Internet to install everything (I suggest the opennms 101 series by Tarus on YouTube, they've been very helpful to me), and when everything is running disconnect or from the Internet to comply with your security policy.

Regards,

Niels

On May 3, 2017 21:43, "mahsa.mtm" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I need to install opennms offline as my server doesn't have access to
internet, my server is Centos 7.2 and I need to download them on my local
mac and then scp to server. (I couldn't find any instruction for offline
installation)
I don't know how to that and it is an urgent project could anybody help me
in this regard ?

Re: Offline installation

mahsa.mtm
Hi Niels thanks for your response,
I did exactly the same, but the files which I transfered not working on my server, do you install them or you only download them on vm without installation?

Thank you

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Oh I forgot: install a vm on your Mac with the same OS. Perform the installation there, check the package list and then download all the rpms at once.

On May 3, 2017 21:43, "mahsa.mtm" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I need to install opennms offline as my server doesn't have access to
internet, my server is Centos 7.2 and I need to download them on my local
mac and then scp to server. (I couldn't find any instruction for offline
installation)
I don't know how to that and it is an urgent project could anybody help me
in this regard ?

http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/Offline-installation-tp7584780p7595448.html
To unsubscribe from Offline installation, click here.
NAML