Quantcast

OPNMS Availability report - How can I specify 'Working Hours Only'

OPNMS Availability report - How can I specify 'Working Hours Only'

browners80
Opennms running in a development network before going live.   So far it has been running great and doing all things asked.
The online documentation is great.

The only problem I have came across is the reporting on availability.

Is there anyway possible to run a custom Availability report with the added option of xx DAYS between Hours of X and X

Any help or pointers to information on how this would be achieved would be great.

Andy

Re: OPNMS Availability report - How can I specify 'Working Hours Only'

browners80
Sorted it.   Under scheduled downtime, I clicked option for 'all nodes and interfaces' then made two different outages:-

Daily outage for all nodes and devices 'from 18:00:00 - 11:59:59' and '00:00:00 - 07:59:59'
Weekly outage for all nodes and devices 'from Saturday 08:00:00 - 17:59:59'

Hopefully this should work as I have only created it.

Re: OPNMS Availability report - How can I specify 'Working Hours Only'

amolparanjpe
Hi ,

You have raised very important question.

However I did not get how  the solution you have propose would address the same. Adding scheduled outage would also supress the node down notification etc.

It is my experience that many report needs customization in terms of start time and end time for a day or over a range of days / months etc.

e.g. Avg / Min / Max Bandwidth utilization during office hours for last 30 days is most important than calculating it over 24 hours.

Same is the case with response time and so forth

I am expecting experts to comment on this and guide.

Regards,

Regards

Amol

Re: OPNMS Availability report - How can I specify 'Working Hours Only'

browners80
Yes, you are correct and it is not ideal but as I have now moved Opennms into the live environment I am required to get monthly stats for lan and wan during working hours only.   Until anyone shows me how, this is the only option available to me.

Please post replies , surely there is a way to customise a report to include these option.

Regards Andy