Nodes discover without services detected

Nodes discover without services detected

amedina
Hi all,
I have configured a new installation of OpenNMS Horizon version 19.0.1. I have added out internal ip ranges in the "Configure Discovery" option on the Admin page. Although several nodes have been detected and added, a bunch of nodes have not been added even Manually adding them. Also some nodes are discover but without any service detected, even without ICMP (see an example attached).

I have checked the poller-configuration.xml and collectd-configuration.xml files and in both cases the <filter> section on package "example1"  is:
IPADDR IPLKE *.*.*.*

Is there any other setting or file that I should check to resolve this?

Regards,
Alberto Medina

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 11.15.27 AM.png (67K) Download Attachment

Re: Nodes discover without services detected

Norbert
Hi,

have you checked/configured your snmp setup?

Try snmpwalk to the devices from OpenNMS Server .

Rgds

Norbert

Am 21.04.2017 um 17:44 schrieb Alberto Medina <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,
I have configured a new installation of OpenNMS Horizon version 19.0.1. I have added out internal ip ranges in the "Configure Discovery" option on the Admin page. Although several nodes have been detected and added, a bunch of nodes have not been added even Manually adding them. Also some nodes are discover but without any service detected, even without ICMP (see an example attached).

I have checked the poller-configuration.xml and collectd-configuration.xml files and in both cases the <filter> section on package "example1"  is:
IPADDR IPLKE *.*.*.*

Is there any other setting or file that I should check to resolve this?

Regards,
Alberto Medina
<Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 11.15.27 AM.png>

Re: Nodes discover without services detected

salmanearn
There can be other reasons for that , try pinging the IP address you are not getting the ICMP  See if its reachable on the network , check firewall and settings . These are the first steps before going for polar configuration

 There is very good tutorial by Tarus Balog available on youtube. Its a must watch if you are new to opennms.

https://youtu.be/GJzmkshdjiI?list=PLsXgBGH3nG7iZSlssmZB3xWsAJlst2j2z