Netscreen Subinterfaces

Jason Prouty

Version:

1.5.93-1

Server Time:

Thu Sep 04 14:41:11 MDT 2008

Client Time:

Thu Sep 4 16:44:56 EDT 2008

Java Version:

1.5.0_15 Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Virtual Machine:

1.5.0_15-b04 Sun Microsystems Inc.

Operating System:

Linux 2.6.9-67.0.7.plus.c4smp (i386)

Servlet Container:

jetty-6.1.9 (Servlet

I added to my datacollection-config.xml

When I restart my opennms starts then stops

Out from output.log is below any ideas?

<resourceType name=”NSifIndex” label=”Netscreen (MIB-2 Interface Resources)”>
<persistenceSelectorStrategy class=”org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.PersistAllSelectorStrategy”/>
<storageStrategy class=”org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy”/>
</resourceType>

<resourceType name=”NSVPNifIndex” label=”Netscreen (MIB-2 VPN Resources)”>
<persistenceSelectorStrategy class=”org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.PersistAllSelectorStrategy”/>
<storageStrategy class=”org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy”/>
</resourceType>

<!--Netscreen Custom Interface MIB -->
  <group name=”netscreen-interface-resources-storage” ifType=”all”>
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.9.1.1.2″ instance=”NSifIndex” alias=”NSifName” type=”string” />
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.9.1.1.6″ instance=”NSifIndex” alias=”NSifIPAddr” type=”string” />
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.9.3.1.3″ instance=”NSifIndex” alias=”NSifInBytes” type=”counter” />
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.9.3.1.5″ instance=”NSifIndex” alias=”NSifOutBytes” type=”counter” />
</group>

<group name=”netscreen-vpn-resources-storage” ifType=”all”>
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.4″ instance=”NSVPNifIndex” alias=”NSVPNName” type=”string” />
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.35″ instance=”NSVPNifIndex” alias=”NSVPNInBytes” type=”counter” />
  <mibObj oid=”.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.36″ instance=”NSVPNifIndex” alias=”NSVPNOutBytes” type=”counter” />
</group>

<systemDef name=”Netscreen Firewalls”>
<sysoidMask>.1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.</sysoidMask>
<collect>
<includeGroup>netscreen-interface-resources-storage</includeGroup>
<includeGroup>netscreen-vpn-resources-storage</includeGroup>
</collect>
</systemDef>

When I try to restart my opennms I get java exceptions

[INFO] Successfully loaded jicmp library.An error occurred while attempting to start the "OpenNMS:Name=Eventd" service (class org.opennms.netmgt.eventd.jmx.Eventd).  Shutting down and exiting.

javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in operation init

        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.wrapRuntimeException(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:994)

        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.invoke(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:430)

        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)

        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)

        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Invoker.invoke(Invoker.java:313)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Invoker.invokeMethods(Invoker.java:236)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Starter.start(Starter.java:247)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Starter.startDaemon(Starter.java:127)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Controller.start(Controller.java:197)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Controller.main(Controller.java:169)

        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)        at org.opennms.bootstrap.Bootstrap$3.run(Bootstrap.java:368)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [eventDaemonContext], from group with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventDaemonContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'daemonContext' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'daemonContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'daoContext' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'daoContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'resourceDao' defined in class path resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-dao.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.orm.ObjectRetrievalFailureException: Could not load class; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy        at org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:405)

        at org.opennms.core.utils.BeanUtils.getBeanFactory(BeanUtils.java:58)

        at org.opennms.core.utils.BeanUtils.getFactory(BeanUtils.java:101)

        at org.opennms.netmgt.daemon.AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.init(AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.java:80)

        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.invoke(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:414)        ... 15 moreCaused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventDaemonContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'daemonContext' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'daemonContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'daoContext' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'daoContext' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/opennms-services-1.5.93.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'resourceDao' defined in class path resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-dao.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.orm.ObjectRetrievalFailureException: Could not load class; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy

Jason Prouty.vcf (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Netscreen Subinterfaces

Jeff Gehlbach
On Sep 5, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Jason Prouty wrote:

> I added to my datacollection-config.xml
> When I restart my opennms starts then stops
> Out from output.log is below any ideas?
> <resourceType name=”NSifIndex” label=”Netscreen (MIB-2 Interface
> Resources)”>
> <persistenceSelectorStrategy
> class=”org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.PersistAllSelectorStrategy”/>
> <storageStrategy class=”
> org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy”/>
> </resourceType>
>

> <snip>

> nested exception is
> org.springframework.orm.ObjectRetrievalFailureException: Could not
> load class; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy

The storageStrategy class that you specified
(org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy) does not exist.
It's been changed, as you'll see if you look at the storageStrategy
classes used by the default generic resourceTypes defined in the stock
datacollection-config.xml file:

       <storageStrategy
class="org.opennms.netmgt.dao.support.IndexStorageStrategy"/>

Change your resourceType definitions to specify that storageStrategy
class, and your problems will go away.

May I ask where you found that class name?  If it's on the wiki
somewhere, then somebody needs to make a note about the new class name.

-jeff

Re: Netscreen Subinterfaces

Jason Prouty
Followed the instructions on

http://danielreich.com/

I have changed the class and it is working.
Thank you

On Sep 5, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Jason Prouty wrote:

> I added to my datacollection-config.xml
> When I restart my opennms starts then stops
> Out from output.log is below any ideas?
> <resourceType name="NSifIndex" label="Netscreen (MIB-2 Interface
> Resources)">
> <persistenceSelectorStrategy
> class="org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.PersistAllSelectorStrategy"/>
> <storageStrategy class="
> org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy"/>
> </resourceType>
>

> <snip>

> nested exception is
> org.springframework.orm.ObjectRetrievalFailureException: Could not
> load class; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy

The storageStrategy class that you specified
(org.opennms.netmgt.collectd.IndexStorageStrategy) does not exist.
It's been changed, as you'll see if you look at the storageStrategy
classes used by the default generic resourceTypes defined in the stock
datacollection-config.xml file:

       <storageStrategy
class="org.opennms.netmgt.dao.support.IndexStorageStrategy"/>

Change your resourceType definitions to specify that storageStrategy
class, and your problems will go away.

May I ask where you found that class name?  If it's on the wiki
somewhere, then somebody needs to make a note about the new class name.

-jeff

Checked by AVG.

Jason Prouty.vcf (3K) Download Attachment