Quantcast

Monitoring VOIP Hosts

Yow

Monitoring VOIP Hosts

Yow
Dear All,

It look me a LONG time (A few months) trying to do the following, and I'd VERY MUCH appreciate it if someone can help me out.

I have an IP-PBX system with about 300 IP-Phones.

What I need to do is to monitor the "Phones" so that I can see whether a particular phone is registered, working and can receive a call from another phone. (And possible alert me when a phone goes unregistered or encounters problems making it unreachable). And I can do that with OpenNMS if possible.

I tried to do this with "PING" but that still doesn't give me enough information on whether the phone is registered.

I look forward to getting a helpful response, and I'll be very HAPPY! :)