Manage Monitoring Locations and Discovery

Manage Monitoring Locations and Discovery

ZAdmin
Hello everybody,

I would like to arrange notes in loations. But when I create a Discovery Job with a new location and start no Notes are added. The notes to be reached are not added to the OpenNMS system!

Thanks for your help!

Micha

Re: Manage Monitoring Locations and Discovery

Seth Leger-2
Locations are only used when you are using Minions attached to OpenNMS.
If you are not using Minion, you should leave the location field blank.

Seth Leger
The OpenNMS Group

On 7/31/17 5:40 AM, ZAdmin wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to arrange notes in loations. But when I create a Discovery Job
> with a new location and start no Notes are added. The notes to be reached
> are not added to the OpenNMS system!
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Micha

Re: Manage Monitoring Locations and Discovery

Roskens, Ronald-2

Is there anything that can be done so users better understand that? Could we change the text as displayed so users know they shouldn't change them?

Ron

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Re: Manage Monitoring Locations and Discovery

ZAdmin
This post was updated on .
Maybe I must also explain a lot for my problem.
The default location I left. I have three new ones
Locations. My idea was that the found Notes to
the selected location. So you need a configured
Minon for this task ??