Latency Thresholding

David Poole
The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" /> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.

As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.

Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly is it done?

Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.

Thank you,

David

Re: Latency Thresholding

Alejandro Galue-3

On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]> wrote:

The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" /> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.

As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.

Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly is it done?

Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.

Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still valid:

Alejandro Galue
[hidden email]
PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version of OpenNMS.

Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am I looking at the wrong NMS product?

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dino Yancey
I haven't, but i haven't tried, either.

Glancing at the config, I would start by enabling thresholding on the
ICMP service as described above.  After that, I would create a new
thresholding package "ICMP" in threshd-configuration.xml, followed by
a thresholding group "ICMP" in thresholds.xml.  From there, it should
just be a matter of creating the threshold for the ICMP datasource via
the web interface.

If you need unique thresholds per device, create individual packages
in threshd-configuration.xml with filters specific to each device,
with corresponding thresholding groups.  Create the thresholds per
group with individual response time values.  Make sure the
thresholding groups use the same rrd repository path as defined in
poller-configuration (typically /opt/opennms/share/rrd/response/ for
response time rrds)

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM, David Poole
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Dino,

Thank you - the problem, however, is that there is no consistent documentation on how to do exactly what you just stated.  Even the order you laid out wasn't properly documented.

For example; you mentioned creating the threshold group for the ICMP datasource via the GUI.  However, the thresholds are also defined in the groups in thresholds.xml.

I'll try in the order you suggested and see what happens.

Thank you again.

-David

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

Marcel Fuhrmann
This config works, You nodes have to be member of surveillance category "TH-NETWORK-LATENCY-H-30".

threshd-config.xml

<package name="TH-NETWORK-LATENCY-H-30">
<filter>categoryname == 'TH-NETWORK-LATENCY-H-30'</filter>
<include-range begin="1.1.1.1" end="254.254.254.254"/>
<include-range begin="::1" end="ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff"/>
<service name="ICMP" interval="60000" user-defined="true" status="on">
<parameter key="thresholding-group" value="TH-NETWORK-LATENCY-H-30"/>
</service>
</package>

thresholds.xml
<group name="TH-NETWORK-LATENCY-H-30" rrdRepository="/var/lib/opennms/rrd/response/">
<expression description="above 30ms, rearm 15ms" type="high"
ds-type="if" value="30.0" rearm="15.0" trigger="5"
ds-label="icmp"
triggeredUEI="uei.opennms.org/threshold/network/latency/high/warning/exceeded"
rearmedUEI="uei.opennms.org/threshold/network/latency/high/warning/rearmed"
filterOperator="or" expression="icmp / 1000"/>
</group>

poller-configuration.xml
<service name="ICMP" interval="60000" user-defined="false" status="on">
<parameter key="retry" value="2"/>
<parameter key="timeout" value="3000"/>
<parameter key="rrd-repository" value="/var/lib/opennms/rrd/response"/>
<parameter key="rrd-base-name" value="icmp"/>
<parameter key="ds-name" value="icmp"/>
<parameter key="thresholding-enabled" value="true"/>
</service>

David Poole <[hidden email]> hat am 12. Juni 2017 um 20:52 geschrieben:

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Thank you Marcel, I'll give that a shot.

-David

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Marcel,

Unfortunately, it isn't working.  However, I have made some changes to it for our environment:

I used a different filter, instead of categoryname, I did IPADDR, which is the IP address of the device being monitored.
When I look at the Latency graph, I am seeing the value being exceeded yet I am not getting any alerts in the OpenNMS console nor am I receiving email messages like I do when a node is down.

threshd-configuration.xml:

<package name="ACME-TN1-Latency">
<filter>IPADDR == '10.31.200.252'</filter>
<include-range begin="10.31.200.1" end="10.31.200.254"/>
<include-range begin="::1" end="ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff"/>
<service name="ICMP" interval="300000" user-defined="true" status="on">
<parameter key="thresholding-group" value="ACME-TN1-Latency"/>
</service>
    </package>

thresholds.xml:

<group name="ACME-TN1-Latency" rrdRepository="/var/lib/opennms/rrd/response/">
      <expression description="TN1 Latency, Above 73ms, rearm 69ms" type="high" ds-type="if" value="65.0" rearm="60.0" trigger="2" ds-label="icmp" triggeredUEI="uei.opennms.org/ACME/latency/high/warning/exceeded" rearmedUEI="uei.opennms.org/ACME/latency/high/warning/rearmed" filterOperator="or" expression="icmp / 1000"/>
</group>

(note, to test I changed the value to 65.0 and the rearm to 60 and the trigger to 2 where I would normally have 73, 69 and 6 respectively)

poller-configuration.xml:

<service name="ICMP" interval="300000" user-defined="false" status="on">
      <parameter key="retry" value="2" />
      <parameter key="timeout" value="3000" />
      <parameter key="rrd-repository" value="/opt/opennms/share/rrd/response" />
      <parameter key="rrd-base-name" value="icmp" />
      <parameter key="ds-name" value="icmp" />
 <parameter key="thresholding-enabled" value="true" />
</service>

\etc\events\opennms.events.xml:

<event>
    <event-label>OpenNMS-ACME threshold event: highThresholdExceeded</event-label>
    <descr>
                        &lt;p&gt;High threshold exceeded for %service% datasource
                        %parm[ds]% on interface %interface%, parms: %parm[all]%&lt;/p&gt;
                        &lt;p&gt;This specific event indicates that a
                        high threshold was exceeded.&lt;/p&gt;
    </descr>
    <logmsg dest="logndisplay">
      High threshold exceeded for %service% datasource %parm[ds]% on interface
      %interface%, parms: %parm[all]%
    </logmsg>
    <severity>Minor</severity>
    <alarm-data reduction-key="%uei%:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" alarm-type="1" auto-clean="false"/>
  </event>
  <event>
    <event-label>OpenNMS-ACME threshold event: highThresholdRearmed</event-label>
    <descr>
                        &lt;p&gt;High threshold has been rearmed for %service% datasource
                        %parm[ds]% on interface %interface%, parms: %parm[all]%&lt;/p&gt;
                        &lt;p&gt;This specific event indicates that a
                        high threshold was exceeded but then dropped below
                        the rearm threshold..&lt;/p&gt;
    </descr>
    <logmsg dest="logndisplay">
                        High threshold rearmed for %service% datasource %parm[ds]% on interface
                        %interface%, parms: %parm[all]%
                </logmsg>
    <severity>Normal</severity>
    <alarm-data reduction-key="%uei%:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" alarm-type="2" clear-key="<a href="http://uei.opennms.org/threshold/highThresholdExceeded:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%">uei.opennms.org/threshold/highThresholdExceeded:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" auto-clean="false"/>
  </event>

any help would be appreciated.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Woo-hoo!  Figured it out.  The correct syntax for filtering via IPADDR is:

    <filter>IPADDR IPLIKE 10.31.200.252</filter>

I really wish there was documentation on this...

-David

    <alarm-data reduction-key="%uei%:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" alarm-type="2" clear-key="<a href="http://uei.opennms.org/threshold/highThresholdExceeded:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" target="_blank">uei.opennms.org/threshold/highThresholdExceeded:%dpname%:%nodeid%:%interface%:%parm[ds]%:%parm[threshold]%:%parm[trigger]%:%parm[rearm]%:%parm[label]%" auto-clean="false"/>

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

Dino Yancey
<service name="ICMP" interval="300000" user-defined="false" status="on">
<...>
      <parameter key="rrd-repository" value="/opt/opennms/share/rrd/response" />
<...>
</service>

<group name="ACME-TN1-Latency" rrdRepository="/var/lib/opennms/rrd/response/">

Which is the correct path for your environment?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:02 PM, David Poole
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> ICMP service as described above.  After that, I would create a new
>>> thresholding package "ICMP" in threshd-configuration.xml, followed by
>>> a thresholding group "ICMP" in thresholds.xml.  From there, it should
>>> just be a matter of creating the threshold for the ICMP datasource via
>>> the web interface.
>>>
>>> If you need unique thresholds per device, create individual packages
>>> in threshd-configuration.xml with filters specific to each device,
>>> with corresponding thresholding groups.  Create the thresholds per
>>> group with individual response time values.  Make sure the
>>> thresholding groups use the same rrd repository path as defined in
>>> poller-configuration (typically /opt/opennms/share/rrd/response/ for
>>> response time rrds)

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of

Re: Latency Thresholding

Marcel Fuhrmann
according to your wish... 😉 https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8662

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response, but I am afraid that does not do anything in
> regards to thresholding other than "activate" the feature for ICMP.  There
> is no information on how to properly configure it with the current version
> of OpenNMS.
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully set up ICMP latency thresholding or am
> I looking at the wrong NMS product?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM Alejandro Galue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:37 PM, David Poole <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The documentation Wiki for OpenNMS is woefully out of date by nearly three
>> years and no longer applies to any version above 17.0 (at least).  For
>> example, the Wiki entry on thresholding for latency says to modify the
>> threshd-configuration.xml file and comment out  the <thresholder
>> service="ICMP" class-name="org.opennms.netmgt.threshd.LatencyThresholder" />
>> line - this doesn't even exist in that file.
>>
>> As such, I am unable to accomplish setting up latency thresholding for
>> devices I am currently monitoring by following the examples on the Wiki.
>>
>> Is there anyone who has successfully set up latency thresholding and
>> alerting notifications in the later versions of OpenNMS?  If so, how exactly
>> is it done?
>>
>> Scenario:  four different routers across WAN all have unique thresholds
>> for latency.  Need to alert on those specific thresholds.
>>

>> Try the following, which has been written a long time ago and it is still
>> valid:
>>

>> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Thresholding_Tutorial#Activate_Thresholds_for_Pollerd
>>
>> Alejandro Galue
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821  1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of
>> this page:

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Dino,

I managed to get it to work.  My problem was with my customization of the code you provided.  I changed the <filter> to one of my own but didn't put in the correct syntax.  I have since corrected that and the thresholds seem to work now.

Thank you,

-David

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>>> ICMP service as described above.  After that, I would create a new
>>> thresholding package "ICMP" in threshd-configuration.xml, followed by
>>> a thresholding group "ICMP" in thresholds.xml.  From there, it should
>>> just be a matter of creating the threshold for the ICMP datasource via
>>> the web interface.
>>>
>>> If you need unique thresholds per device, create individual packages
>>> in threshd-configuration.xml with filters specific to each device,
>>> with corresponding thresholding groups.  Create the thresholds per
>>> group with individual response time values.  Make sure the
>>> thresholding groups use the same rrd repository path as defined in
>>> poller-configuration (typically /opt/opennms/share/rrd/response/ for
>>> response time rrds)

>> To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of

Re: Latency Thresholding

David Poole
Marcel,

Awesome!