Java Proccess consuming high CPU after upgrade to OpenNMS 19

Java Proccess consuming high CPU after upgrade to OpenNMS 19

amedina
Hi all,
yesterday I upgraded my OpenNMS installation to version 19 (from version 18). After I ran "install -dis" and access the site, all my categories was "Calcuting...", after a couple of minutes the site became unresponsive.

I ran "ps" and found the java process consuming 190-200% of CPU and sometimes even more. Could this be due to the upgrade? I followed this instructions --> https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Upgrade_Guide:_18_to_19
Is this high cpu uses due to the upgrade or some setting missing?

Regards,
Amedina

Re: Java Proccess consuming high CPU after upgrade to OpenNMS 19

David Hustace

> On Mar 17, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Alberto Medina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is this high cpu uses due to the upgrade or some setting missing?

Check your output.log and see if the JVM is out of HEAP and running Full GC’s continuously.  Another signature of this problem is that one of your CPUs will be pegged at 100%.

You may need to increase your HEAP space in your opennms.conf file.

:David