Internet Availability and bandwidth Monitoring

Internet Availability and bandwidth Monitoring

ijasjit
Hi All,

I am new to openNMS.
I want to monitor internet availability and bandwidth.
I want to get alerted if there is a loss of internet connectivity or the bandwidth falls below a particular value.

I did the below:
1) Add the 1st hope of ISP to the category  "Internet Connectivity"  in file categories.xml
2) In viewsdisplay.xml I added the below to show up on the home page
         "<category>
<![CDATA[Internet Connectivity]]>
</category>"

Now I get to see Internet Connectivity on the home page, but that's always 100%, irrespective if I specify a false IP address in categories.xml e.g. <rule>
<![CDATA[ipaddr == '999.999.999.999']]>
</rule>, still the Internet Connectivity shows 100%.

Guys, can you please help me as I have been bugging my head for the past 4 days but haven't yet been able to achieve anything fruitful.

Thanks in advance

Re: Internet Availability and bandwidth Monitoring

ijasjit
Guys is this even possible?