Quantcast

How to stop getting outages of SNMP service only for few devices?

How to stop getting outages of SNMP service only for few devices?

surendran
This post was updated on .
Hi Guys,

I need a solution to stop generating of outages for SNMP service (Down or Up). Because, I have monitored few devices using opennms in which some of them not have SNMP. So opennms generates outages for those devices of SNMP service with DOWN.

Now I need to stop the outages for those devices only.

Note: I have performed unmanage of SNMP service for those device through 'Manage and Unmanage Interfaces and Services'. But after opennms restart, again services set to default SNMP service will get managed for them. Already someone created an issue for this bug. But currently I need a workaround for this outage generation.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to stop getting outages of SNMP service only for few devices?

David Hustace

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 8:17 AM, surendran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I need a solution to stop generating of outages for SNMP service (Down or
> Up). Because, I have monitored few devices using opennms in which some of
> them not have SNMP.

Don’t provision the SNMP service on these devices.  Why put the SNMP service on a device that doesn’t support SNMP?

> Note: I have performed unmanage of SNMP service for those device through 'Manage and Unmanage Interfaces and Services'. But after opennms restart, again services set to default SNMP service will get managed for them.

That sounds like a bug.  If you could please create an issue and document the steps to reproduce the problem, I’m sure someone will take a look at it.

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

Re: How to stop getting outages of SNMP service only for few devices?

surendran
Hi David,

Already someone created an issue for this bug. But currently I need a workaround for this outage generation.

Re: How to stop getting outages of SNMP service only for few devices?

David Hustace

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 10:42 PM, surendran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Already someone created an issue for this bug. But currently I need a
> workaround for this outage generation.

Which issue?

FWIW: If there isn’t an SNMP service on the device, there isn’t a workaround requited.  Just delete the service from the device.  How you do this depends on how the service was added (directly provisioned in the requisition of somehow detected).

David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.