How to manually add a node?

tezarin
Hi all,

Currently when I open the Node List page, I see some nodes, the one that I am working on is called test.server.myserver.com on which I have  three services added: Test-Stats1, Test-Stats2 and Test-Stats3... Each one of these services has its own data url:

http://192.168.1.1/test1.html

http://192.168.1.1/test2.html

http://192.168.1.1/test3.html

Is it possible to create two new nodes and call them for example Test1 and Test2 node and arrange the individual pages as services?

So... Test1 and Test2 will be considered, respectively, a "node" and we can organize individual pages as "interfaces" or as "services" under a single interface...

So I guess to start this process, I need to manually add a new node...I looked at the admin web console but only saw Delet Node option and not adding it...how do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How

Re: How to manually add a node?

Johan Edstrom
Look at the admin menu again, add Interface is probably what you need.

On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Honia A wrote:

[...]

http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/_______________________________________________

Johan Edstrom

Re: How to manually add a node?

tezarin
Oh thanks, very helpful (just got the admin previleges...that's why I was missing that option LOL!)

Thanks!

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:12:37 -0600
Subject: Re: [opennms-discuss] How to manually add a node?

[...]

See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!

Re: How to manually add a node?

tezarin
Oh thanks, very helpful (just got the admin privileges...that's why I was missing that option LOL!)

Thanks!

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:12:37 -0600

[...]

Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit

Re: How to manually add a node?

Les Mikesell
Honia A wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently when I open the Node List page, I see some nodes, the one that
> I am working on is called test.server.myserver.com on which I have
> three services added: Test-Stats1, Test-Stats2 and Test-Stats3... Each
> one of these services has its own data url:
>
> http://192.168.1.1/test1.html
>
> http://192.168.1.1/test2.html
>
> http://192.168.1.1/test3.html
>
> Is it possible to create two new nodes and call them for example Test1
> and Test2 node and arrange the individual pages as services?
>
> So... Test1 and Test2 will be considered, respectively, a "node" and we
> can organize individual pages as "interfaces" or as "services" under a
> single interface...
>
> So I guess to start this process, I need to manually add a new node...I
> looked at the admin web console but only saw Delet Node option and not
> adding it...how do I do this?

I'm not sure it's possible to have a 'node' except as a collection of
one or more interfaces.  If SNMP is enabled on the node, it will report
the name and all associated interfaces, which OpenNMS will then collate
together into a single node entry.

You would normally just add one of the interfaces and let the rest
happen by itself - or include the address in a discovery range.

--
   Les Mikesell