How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

paisano
OpenNMS 20.0.0
OpenNMS Datasource for Grafana 2.1.0
grafana-4.3.1-1

How does one graph disk space using the OpenNMS data source for grafana?  The absence of meaningful documentation and examples for using the data source makes even basic tasks like this a lot more difficult than they should be IMHO.

I created template variables $node and $disk which have the correct values and here are the metrics I tried:

This results in the following error:

Any clues for the clueless?

Thanks

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

paisano
Nobody knows?

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

Roskens, Ronald-2
Template/Scoped variables might not fully work with the OpenNMS plugin yet. There are a couple of issues/pull requests open for it. https://github.com/OpenNMS/grafana-opennms-datasource/

If you patch the datasource using the changes in https://github.com/OpenNMS/grafana-opennms-datasource/pull/17 does it work for you?

Ron

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

paisano
The patched datasource works for me!  Thanks Ronald-2.

The next issue I run into is when I select more than one file system I get:

Any idea how to get past this?

Here's the updated metrics:

Thanks!

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

Ronald Roskens
> On Jul 6, 2017, at 2:25 PM, paisano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The patched datasource works for me!  Thanks Ronald-2.
>
> The next issue I run into is when I select more than one file system I get:
>
> <http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/file/n7595727/Capture.png>
>
> Any idea how to get past this?
>
> Here's the updated metrics:
>
> <http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/file/n7595727/Capture3.png>

Does it work if you remove the labels (ex: $hrStorageUsed) for each of the metrics?

Ron

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

paisano
No, with the labels removed I get the same error as above if more than one fs is selected.  With only one fs selected utilization is always zero.  So evidently the labels are required in order to define the variables used in the expression.

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

Ronald Roskens

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 7:07 AM, paisano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, with the labels removed I get the same error as above if more than one fs
> is selected.  With only one fs selected utilization is always zero.  So
> evidently the labels are required in order to define the variables used in
> the expression.

What happens if you put all variables in the label? i.e: something like $node.$disk.$hrStorageUsed?

Ron

Re: How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana

paisano
Well I tried every combination of values for the labels I could think of and none of them worked.  They either throw an error or don't produce any graph.