How to create a new Ticketing API plugin

How to create a new Ticketing API plugin

Joshua McAdam
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in creating a Ticketing API plugin for Zendesk to contribute to the project and after some prototyping have a working set of Java code I now need to turn into an OpenNMS plugin which is where I am a bit stuck.

I've setup a development environment and can compile / deploy OpenNMS from source but I am not sure how create the plugin in the source tree.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to setup the right source / directory structure to incorporate a new plugin module? I've been searching on the Wiki and Google but didn't find anything that helped me so far but maybe i've overlooked something.

Thanks,

Josh M

Re: How to create a new Ticketing API plugin

Markus von Rüden
Hi Josh,

AFAIK there is at the moment no guide on how to do that.

Ticket integrations are in opennms/features/ticketing/ -> https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/tree/develop/features/ticketing

The plugin must be a maven module, e.g. “zendesk-integration” and the packaging-type must be “bundle”.
In addition your “Ticketing” class must implement Plugin.
The best and easiest way is probably to have a look at the JiraTicketerPlugin and go from there: https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/tree/develop/features/ticketing/jira-integration

You can also push your current changes somewhere and we can have a look at it.

- Markus