How do I discard traps about special port of a swicth?

How do I discard traps about special port of a swicth?

李瑞友

Hi ,all:

I have many switch need to monitor, But i just care about some special port, such as fiber. My opennms received a lot of traps about link up and link down which I don’t care about ,How do I discard these traps?

Our switch type: cisco 2950 ,cisoco 3550 etc.

thanks

Re: How do I discard traps about special port of a swicth?

Jeff Gehlbach
On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:35 AM, 李瑞友 wrote:

> I have many switch need to monitor, But i just care about some
> special port, such as fiber. My opennms received a lot of traps
> about link up and link down which I
> don’t care about ,How do I discard these traps?

Presumably you want the linkUp / linkDown traps for the fiber ports,
so using dest="discardtraps" in the <logmsg> element of the linkUp /
linkDown event definitions will not work for you.

> Our switch type: cisco 2950 ,cisoco 3550 etc.

It will be much easier to restrict the ports for which a Cisco device
sends linkUp / linkDown traps.  Something like:

switch# conf t
switch(config)# no snmp-server trap link
switch(config)# interface GigabitEthernet 49
switch(config-if)# snmp trap link-status
switch(config-if)# exit
switch(config)# interface GigabitEthernet 50
switch(config-if)# snmp trap link-status

This way, the switch will send linkUp / linkDown traps only for the
GE49 and GE50 interfaces.

-jeff