Quantcast

Horizon Ops Board

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Horizon Ops Board

Bill Nelson-2

All

 

I’m trying to setup an anonymous ops board for an “executive view” monitor.  I’ve managed to get anonymous access working.  Now I’m trying to figure out how to get a specific ops board to display without human intervention.  The problem I’m having is when I try to paste a url with a specific ops board name (i.e. http://server/opennms/vaadin-wallboard/#!wallboard/SampleBoard) I’m redirected to the ops board landing page which says “nothing to display.”  If I select the board I want to see and click “Ops Board” it sends me to the board I want with the url I originally pasted.  I did some digging with firebug and Wireshark but the complexity of the conversation is above my skillset.

 

Is there any way to make this work in an unattended fashion.  I’m fine if it needs setting files, cookies, blue furry monsters.  As long as I can script it in some fashion to show up on a screen I’m good.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Bill Nelson

[hidden email]


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-discuss mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Horizon Ops Board

David Hustace

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 4:40 AM, Bill Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any way to make this work in an unattended fashion.  I’m fine if it needs setting files, cookies, blue furry monsters.  As long as I can script it in some fashion to show up on a screen I’m good.

It seems to work for me:
https://demo.opennms.org/opennms/vaadin-wallboard#!wallboard/SCaLE




David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-discuss mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss

signature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Horizon Ops Board

Bill Nelson-2
David, I appreciate the reply.  Indeed your link worked.  It went straight to the ops board in an "Ops Board" mode (as opposed to "Ops Panel").

When I've tried the equivalent link in my system it brings me to the same ops board page but drops the end of the URL (SCaLE in your example).  I then have to select the particular board (i.e. SCaLE) and click "Ops Panel" or "Ops Board."  I've spent more time on the configuration since I sent the email.  As I consider what I've learned and look at your demo it occurs to me I didn't see any place I could define a default of either ops board or ops panel.  Without a default, it would seem to make sense the link wouldn't know which "mode" to enter so it would be forced to land at the base page.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks
Bill Nelson
[hidden email]



-----Original Message-----
From: david [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:15 PM
To: DiscussionList List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [opennms-discuss] Horizon Ops Board


> On Apr 17, 2017, at 4:40 AM, Bill Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any way to make this work in an unattended fashion.  I’m fine if it needs setting files, cookies, blue furry monsters.  As long as I can script it in some fashion to show up on a screen I’m good.

It seems to work for me:
https://demo.opennms.org/opennms/vaadin-wallboard#!wallboard/SCaLE




David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-discuss mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Horizon Ops Board

David Hustace

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Bill Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

I don’t think so.  But I would definitely open an enhancement request on this.  It should easy enough.


Cheers,
:David


David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-discuss mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss

signature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Horizon Ops Board

Bill Nelson-2
If there isn't a setting do you have any thoughts on why mine won't launch straight into the "Ops Board" mode when I enter the URL (http://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx/opennms/vaadin-wallboard#!wallboard/HavenMonitor2)?

When I paste that into the browser it redirects me to the initial landing page (http://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx/opennms/vaadin-wallboard#!wallboard).

It does the same thing if I enter the URL for the "Ops Panel" (http:// xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx /opennms/vaadin-wallboard#!dashboard/HavenMonitor2)

Thx
Bill


-----Original Message-----
From: david [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:02 PM
To: DiscussionList List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [opennms-discuss] Horizon Ops Board


> On Apr 19, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Bill Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

I don’t think so.  But I would definitely open an enhancement request on this.  It should easy enough.


Cheers,
:David


David Hustace
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Please read the OpenNMS Mailing List FAQ:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Mailing_List_FAQ

opennms-discuss mailing list

To *unsubscribe* or change your subscription options, see the bottom of this page:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opennms-discuss
Loading...