First run exception

Roberto Bertucci
Good morning all, i am totally new to opennms and i am trying to set up
a full functional sample site.
My environment is Solaris10 on a t5140 LDom, OpenNMS v1.8.13, Oracle
Java 1.7 and postgres 8.3 64-bit (bundled with Solaris).

I did installation using the standalone-opennms-installer-1.8.13.jar
with no errors during this phase.

During the startup i see the following:

-bash-3.00# ./opennms start
Starting OpenNMS: Started OpenNMS, but it stopped running: for details
see /usr/local/OpenNMS/logs/daemon/output.log
failed

And then looking at output.log:
Thu Sep  8 11:21:26 CEST 2011
begin ulimit settings:
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) 8192
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 10240
memory(kbytes) unlimited
end ulimit settings
Executing command: /usr/local/OpenNMS/bin/runjava -r  --
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/local/OpenNMS/lib/endorsed
-Dopennms.home=/usr/local/OpenNMS
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=18980
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Xmx256m
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true  -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar
/usr/local/OpenNMS/lib/opennms_bootstrap.jar  start
[DEBUG] System property 'opennms.library.jicmp' set to
'/usr/local/lib/libjicmp.so.  Attempting to load jicmp library from this
location.
[INFO] Successfully loaded jicmp library.
An error occurred while attempting to start the "OpenNMS:Name=Capsd"
service (class org.opennms.netmgt.capsd.jmx.Capsd).  Shutting down and
exiting.
javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException:
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to
return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [capsdContext], from
group with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'capsdContext' defined in URL
[jar:file:/usr/local/OpenNMS/lib/opennms-services-1.8.13.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]:
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class
[org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
bean with name 'xmlRpcNotifier' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-capsd.xml]: Cannot create inner
bean 'util:property-path#205d5c' of type
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPathFactoryBean] while
setting bean property 'xmlRpcEnabled'; nested exception is
bean with name 'util:property-path#205d5c': Initialization of bean
failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at
::0 can't find referenced pointcut capsdEventHandler
         at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.rethrow(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:839)
         at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.rethrowMaybeMBeanException(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:852)
         at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:821)
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:791)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Invoker.invoke(Invoker.java:338)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Invoker.invokeMethods(Invoker.java:261)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Starter.start(Starter.java:266)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Starter.startDaemon(Starter.java:137)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Controller.start(Controller.java:202)
         at org.opennms.netmgt.vmmgr.Controller.main(Controller.java:174)
         at
         at
         at org.opennms.bootstrap.Bootstrap$3.run(Bootstrap.java:352)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException:
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:409)
         at
org.opennms.core.utils.BeanUtils.getBeanFactory(BeanUtils.java:59)
         at org.opennms.core.utils.BeanUtils.getFactory(BeanUtils.java:101)
         at
org.opennms.netmgt.daemon.AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.init(AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.java:109)
         at
         at
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:250)
         at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
         ... 13 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:285)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:993)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:897)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1049)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:397)
         ... 26 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could
not instantiate bean class
[org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
bean with name 'xmlRpcNotifier' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-capsd.xml]: Cannot create inner
bean 'util:property-path#205d5c' of type
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPathFactoryBean] while
setting bean property 'xmlRpcEnabled'; nested exception is
bean with name 'util:property-path#205d5c': Initialization of bean
failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at
::0 can't find referenced pointcut capsdEventHandler
         at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:141)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:107)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:277)
         ... 36 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'xmlRpcNotifier' defined in class path
resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-capsd.xml]: Cannot create
inner bean 'util:property-path#205d5c' of type
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPathFactoryBean] while
setting bean property 'xmlRpcEnabled'; nested exception is
bean with name 'util:property-path#205d5c': Initialization of bean
failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at
::0 can't find referenced pointcut capsdEventHandler
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:281)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:120)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1317)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1076)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:563)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:872)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:423)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:105)
         at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
         at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
         at
         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
         at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
         ... 38 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'util:property-path#205d5c':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at ::0 can't find referenced
pointcut capsdEventHandler
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:527)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:270)
         ... 57 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at ::0 can't find
referenced pointcut capsdEventHandler
         at
org.aspectj.weaver.tools.PointcutParser.parsePointcutExpression(PointcutParser.java:317)
         at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.buildPointcutExpression(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:204)
         at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.checkReadyToMatch(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:191)
         at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut.getClassFilter(AspectJExpressionPointcut.java:172)
         at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.canApply(AopUtils.java:200)
         at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.canApply(AopUtils.java:254)
         at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.findAdvisorsThatCanApply(AopUtils.java:286)
         at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.findAdvisorsThatCanApply(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:117)
         at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.findEligibleAdvisors(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:87)
         at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.getAdvicesAndAdvisorsForBean(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:68)
         at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.wrapIfNecessary(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:359)
         at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.postProcessAfterInitialization(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:322)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsAfterInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:407)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1418)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
         ... 59 more

I tried googling the error message but didn't find anything useful,
except a couple of registered bugs closed in Linux env and due to
IcedTea java implementation.
Is there anyone with a suggestion or hint to solve/debug this issue?

Thank you,
Roberto

roberto_bertucci.vcf (338 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: First run exception

Alejandro Galue
> Is there anyone with a suggestion or hint to solve/debug this issue?
Try Sun Java 1.6 ….