Example configuration files

(private) HKS
I've spent a lot of time getting my OpenNMS installation customized to
my needs, and I'm not even done yet. Given the rather dated and
incomplete documentation, the changes I've made may be of interest to
others. Is this mailing list an appropriate place to post explanations
of what I've done and why, or is there a better venue?

-HKS

Re: Example configuration files

Johan Edstrom
Use the Wiki.
And did you look in the examples directory?

On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:48 PM, (private) HKS wrote:

> I've spent a lot of time getting my OpenNMS installation customized to
> my needs, and I'm not even done yet. Given the rather dated and
> incomplete documentation, the changes I've made may be of interest to
> others. Is this mailing list an appropriate place to post explanations
> of what I've done and why, or is there a better venue?
>
> -HKS

> challenge
> great prizes
> the world

Johan Edstrom

Re: Example configuration files

(private) HKS
A little bit, yes. The snmp-config.xml file was the most useful since
it was concise and contained explanations of what it was trying to
accomplish. The rest was just nonsense to my neophyte eyes. Even now
that I'm more comfortable with the syntax and function of the config
files, they're difficult to read. One of the major disadvantages of
XML, I suppose.

I'll put together some of what I've done and stick it in the Wiki.

-HKS

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Johan Edstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Use the Wiki.
> And did you look in the examples directory?
>

> On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:48 PM, (private) HKS wrote:
>
>> I've spent a lot of time getting my OpenNMS installation customized to
>> my needs, and I'm not even done yet. Given the rather dated and
>> incomplete documentation, the changes I've made may be of interest to
>> others. Is this mailing list an appropriate place to post explanations
>> of what I've done and why, or is there a better venue?
>>
>> -HKS

>> challenge
>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>> great prizes
>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
>> the world
>
> Johan Edstrom

Antw: Example configuration files

Michael Seibold
Hi HKS,

I think it's always interesting to learn something new, and everytime I see a configuration from someone else I learn something.

But there is still a better possibility - it's not a lot of work to register to the doku-wiki and to put there what you have learned! While most of us won't be able to develop code for opennms (for different reasons) we can help by updating the doku.

- Michael

>>> "(private) HKS" <[hidden email]> 03.09.2008 20:48 >>>