Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

javier
This post was updated on .
Install R for graphics, yum install R, then reboot the server now I can not start the service opennms exits the following.

please help.!

Re: Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

javier
Please any ideas are useful

Re: Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

Gerald Vogt
On 11.07.17 19:02, javier wrote:

> Install R for graphics, yum install R, then reboot the server now I can not
> start the service opennms exits the following.
> Systemctl status opennms
> ● opennms.service - OpenNMS server
>     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/opennms.service; disabled; vendor
> pre set: disabled)
>     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mar 2017-07-11 12:00:07 -05; 11s
> ago
>    Process: 3927 ExecStart = / opt / opennms / bin / opennms -Q start (code =
> exited, status = 6)
>
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: The format of the
> origin ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: you modified them
> before ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: Please double-check
> that ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: up-to-date and
> delete an ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: OpenNMS will not
> start.
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain systemd [1]: opennms.service:
> control pr ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain opennms [3927]: [FAILED]
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain systemd [1]: Failed to start OpenNMS
> be ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain systemd [1]: Unit opennms.service
> intere ...
> Jul 11 ​​12:00:07 localhost.localdomain systemd [1]: opennms.service failed.
> Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
>
> please help.!

Well, read the messages. They tell you why.

Start with the hint at the end to see the full messages. Then read the
opennms messages.

-Gerald

On 11.07.17 19:05, javier wrote:
> Please any ideas are useful

Well, if you expect an answer within 3 minutes, the best idea would be:
patience... -Gerald

Re: Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

Roskens, Ronald-2
Running "journalctl -l -x -u opennms.service" should give you the full output to see why its failing to start.

Ron

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Re: Error, Failed to start Opennms server in centos7

Ronald Roskens

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 1:09 PM, Roskens, Ronald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Running "journalctl -l -x -u opennms.service" should give you the full output to see why its failing to start.

Javier,

Debugging why OpenNMS isn’t starting is going to take a little more effort, and right now we don’t have a whole lot of information to go on. Here are some general ideas to start with, and if you can provide further details we should be able to continue to assist you.

1. Check that all of your xml files are well formed. If you run "/opt/opennms/bin/config-tester -a -v” that should test that OpenNMS can open all files and parse their contents. Another simpler way is to use the “xmllint” command to test each xml file individually.

2. Check the OpenNMS logs under /opt/opennms/logs/. On my RHEL 7 system, this is where they are. If your not on RHEL 7 or a derivative of it, then I’m not sure where the logs would be.

3. Check the manager.log. When OpenNMS starts up, this log contains the startup output for that component. If you don’t see any entries, then you could try changing its logging level in /opt/opennms/etc/log4j2.xml to DEBUG, and then you should see it log information as it cycles through initializing and starting all services.

4. Check the ends of all of the other log files to see if any of them show an error.

Good luck!

Ron