Drop SNMP trap before it is saved as an Event

Drop SNMP trap before it is saved as an Event

光年张
Hi,

How can I drop some type of SNMP trap sent to OpenNMS before it is saved as an Event in the OpenNMS?

Thanks,
Joey

Re: Drop SNMP trap before it is saved as an Event

Jeff Gehlbach
On Sep 3, 2008, at 10:11 PM, 光年张 wrote:

> How can I drop some type of SNMP trap sent to OpenNMS before it is
> saved as an Event in the OpenNMS?

What version of openNMS?

In 1.3.2 and later, change the "dest" attribute of an event's <logmsg>
child element to "discardtraps":

<logmsg dest='discardtraps'>

In 1.2.x releases, this feature is not available.

-jeff