Quantcast

Dashboard header background

rockdale
Hi, all:

Do any of you know where is the css file that I can change the green background of the headers( the backgrouond of Surveillance view: default,
Alarms, Notifications, Outages and Resource Graphs). This page seems generated by gwt? and I could not view its source. I tried to change dashboard.css, opennms-theme.css and styles.css (background-color: #366903) but it did not make any difference.

in the dashboard.jsp the src for the iframe is dynamic generated? I also looked in the server code but not sure where should I look. Thanks for any tips and directions.

<iframe name="dashboard" id="surveillance-view-ui" src="osgi/vaadin-surveillance-views?dashboard=true<%= viewName %>" frameborder="0" style="height:100%; width:100%;"></iframe>

Inline image 1

Thanks in advance
-rockdale

Re: Dashboard header background

Markus von Rüden
Hey rockdale,

the styles are hidden in the “onms-default-theme.jar” which are loaded in OSGI.

If you want to edit them, you have to change the file “src/main/java/VAADIN.themes.opennms/styles.scss”.
There are some “surveillance-view” classes and also have the colors defined there.

When you are done editing the styles, you have to compile them with:
mvn clean install -DskipTests

Afterwards copy them to the opennms system folder, e.g.:
cp target/onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar /Users/mvrueden/dev/opennms/19.0.0/target/opennms-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT/system/org/opennms/features/themes/onms-default-theme/19.0.0-SNAPSHOT/onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Kind regards
- Markus

s/#4d9c29/purple/ :

On 2 Feb 2017, at 02:37, Rockdale Green <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, all:

Do any of you know where is the css file that I can change the green background of the headers( the backgrouond of Surveillance view: default,
Alarms, Notifications, Outages and Resource Graphs). This page seems generated by gwt? and I could not view its source. I tried to change dashboard.css, opennms-theme.css and styles.css (background-color: #366903) but it did not make any difference.

in the dashboard.jsp the src for the iframe is dynamic generated? I also looked in the server code but not sure where should I look. Thanks for any tips and directions.

<iframe name="dashboard" id="surveillance-view-ui" src="osgi/vaadin-surveillance-views?dashboard=true<%= viewName %>" frameborder="0" style="height:100%; width:100%;"></iframe>

<image.png>

Thanks in advance
-rockdale

Re: Dashboard header background

rockdale
Hi, Markus:

Thanks for the email and sorry for the late reply. I just got around to experiment. I did not build from source though, (been new to openNMS I am a little intimated for all the source codes and build process, but that is on my to do list). I updated the onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar with the updated styles.css and styles.scss and it works perfect. Thank you for the detailed information.

Best wishes
-Rockdale