Dashboard header background

rockdale
Hi, all:

Do any of you know where is the css file that I can change the green background of the headers( the backgrouond of Surveillance view: default,
Alarms, Notifications, Outages and Resource Graphs). This page seems generated by gwt? and I could not view its source. I tried to change dashboard.css, opennms-theme.css and styles.css (background-color: #366903) but it did not make any difference.

in the dashboard.jsp the src for the iframe is dynamic generated? I also looked in the server code but not sure where should I look. Thanks for any tips and directions.

<iframe name="dashboard" id="surveillance-view-ui" src="osgi/vaadin-surveillance-views?dashboard=true<%= viewName %>" frameborder="0" style="height:100%; width:100%;"></iframe>

Inline image 1

Thanks in advance
-rockdale

Re: Dashboard header background

Markus von Rüden
Hey rockdale,

the styles are hidden in the “onms-default-theme.jar” which are loaded in OSGI.

If you want to edit them, you have to change the file “src/main/java/VAADIN.themes.opennms/styles.scss”.
There are some “surveillance-view” classes and also have the colors defined there.

When you are done editing the styles, you have to compile them with:
mvn clean install -DskipTests

Afterwards copy them to the opennms system folder, e.g.:
cp target/onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar /Users/mvrueden/dev/opennms/19.0.0/target/opennms-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT/system/org/opennms/features/themes/onms-default-theme/19.0.0-SNAPSHOT/onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Kind regards
- Markus

s/#4d9c29/purple/ :

On 2 Feb 2017, at 02:37, Rockdale Green <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, all:

Do any of you know where is the css file that I can change the green background of the headers( the backgrouond of Surveillance view: default,
Alarms, Notifications, Outages and Resource Graphs). This page seems generated by gwt? and I could not view its source. I tried to change dashboard.css, opennms-theme.css and styles.css (background-color: #366903) but it did not make any difference.

in the dashboard.jsp the src for the iframe is dynamic generated? I also looked in the server code but not sure where should I look. Thanks for any tips and directions.

<iframe name="dashboard" id="surveillance-view-ui" src="osgi/vaadin-surveillance-views?dashboard=true<%= viewName %>" frameborder="0" style="height:100%; width:100%;"></iframe>

<image.png>

Thanks in advance
-rockdale

Re: Dashboard header background

rockdale
Hi, Markus:

Thanks for the email and sorry for the late reply. I just got around to experiment. I did not build from source though, (been new to openNMS I am a little intimated for all the source codes and build process, but that is on my to do list). I updated the onms-default-theme-19.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar with the updated styles.css and styles.scss and it works perfect. Thank you for the detailed information.

Best wishes
-Rockdale

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Markus von Rüden <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

EmptySet
Can this be elaborated on a bit more?  I'm a new user and I'm trying to modify my colors as well.  The other pages were easy enough but the Surveillance View doesn't seem to quite the same and I can't find the .css file that seems to be referenced :  opennms/osgi/VAADIN/themes/opennms/styles.css

Thanks.

Re: Dashboard header background

Markus von Rüden
As mentioned below, the styles are living in the OSGI container.
The style.css is generated from a style.scss file.

How to get it deployed in opennms is also described in detail below.

On 24. Jul 2017, at 23:04, EmptySet <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can this be elaborated on a bit more?  I'm a new user and I'm trying to
modify my colors as well.  The other pages were easy enough but the
Surveillance View doesn't seem to quite the same and I can't find the .css
file that seems to be referenced :
opennms/osgi/VAADIN/themes/opennms/styles.css

Thanks.

Re: Dashboard header background

EmptySet
Hello,

  I'm unable to find that file (styles.scss) in my structure or anything referencing OSGI?

 Thanks.

Markus von Rüden wrote
The code can be found here: https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/blob/develop/features/themes/onms-default-theme/src/main/java/VAADIN/themes/opennms/styles.scss <https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms/blob/develop/features/themes/onms-default-theme/src/main/java/VAADIN/themes/opennms/styles.scss>

signature.asc (465 bytes) <http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7595834/0/signature.asc>