Conf Files After Upgrade/Update

Marc Doesburg
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the conf. files of OpenNMS and upgrades.

When I upgrade OpenNMS I always get the rpmnew files that I need to manually update/replace/merge/mcdonalds etc. Even the files that are managed by OpenNMS (I.e. eventconf.xml).

Isn't there a way to auto update the files instead of doing it manually after every upgrade? I.e. 'include' userfile.xml or something like that?

Also not sure why the below files didn't upgrade automatically, because I never touched them...

warning: /opt/opennms/etc/org.opennms.features.topology.app.cfg created as /opt/opennms/etc/org.opennms.features.topology.app.cfg.rpmnew
warning: /opt/opennms/etc/threshd-configuration.xml created as /opt/opennms/etc/threshd-configuration.xml.rpmnew

The upgrade was:

---> Package opennms.noarch 0:19.1.0-1 will be updated
---> Package opennms.noarch 0:20.0.0-1 will be an update
---> Package opennms-core.noarch 0:19.1.0-1 will be updated
---> Package opennms-core.noarch 0:20.0.0-1 will be an update
---> Package opennms-webapp-jetty.noarch 0:19.1.0-1 will be updated
---> Package opennms-webapp-jetty.noarch 0:20.0.0-1 will be an update

I checked them manually and removed the old files and renamed the rpmnew.

Best regards,

--
Marc D.

Real is just a matter of perception