CPU Utilization

Ashish Nehra
Hi,

I have OpenNMS running on my system, I want to gather information on CPU Utilization for the systems being monitored by my OpenNMS application, can anyone please help me start with it.
I am sure the question that i have just raised above has not much information to provide, however I dont even know what information would be relevant to share here, please let me know what exactly is required and I would share it.

Appreciate the response, thank you,
Ashish

Re: CPU Utilization

(private) HKS
What operating system are these hosts running? Most should
automatically have their CPU usage graphed...

-HKS

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Ashish Nehra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have OpenNMS running on my system, I want to gather information on CPU
> Utilization for the systems being monitored by my OpenNMS application, can
> anyone please help me start with it.
> I am sure the question that i have just raised above has not much
> information to provide, however I dont even know what information would be
> relevant to share here, please let me know what exactly is required and I
> would share it.
>
> Appreciate the response, thank you,
> Ashish

Re: CPU Utilization

Ashish Nehra
OpenNMS is running on Linux EL and the other servers which are being monitored they are also on EL Linux.

I am now able to monitor the SNMP service on those nodes but that node is not being listed under the performance tab of OpenNMS home page, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashish

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM, (private) HKS <[hidden email]> wrote:
What operating system are these hosts running? Most should
automatically have their CPU usage graphed...

-HKS

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Ashish Nehra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have OpenNMS running on my system, I want to gather information on CPU
> Utilization for the systems being monitored by my OpenNMS application, can
> anyone please help me start with it.
> I am sure the question that i have just raised above has not much
> information to provide, however I dont even know what information would be
> relevant to share here, please let me know what exactly is required and I
> would share it.
>
> Appreciate the response, thank you,
> Ashish

Re: CPU Utilization

Jeff Gehlbach
On Sep 10, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Ashish Nehra wrote:

> OpenNMS is running on Linux EL and the other servers which are being
> monitored they are also on EL Linux.

When asking for help here, please try to err on the side of
specificity.  "EL Linux" could be interpreted a number of different
ways; do you mean Red Hat Enterprise Linux?  If so, what version (2?
3? 4? 5)?

-jeff

Re: CPU Utilization

Les Mikesell
Ashish Nehra wrote:
> OpenNMS is running on Linux EL and the other servers which are being
> monitored they are also on EL Linux.
>
> I am now able to monitor the SNMP service on those nodes but that node
> is not being listed under the performance tab of OpenNMS home page, any
> help would be appreciated.

I think some old net-snmp versions had problems on a 64-bit OS even
where snmpwalk would work and the same setup worked on 32-bit boxes.  Is
everything up to date?

--
   Les Mikesell

Re: CPU Utilization

(private) HKS
Adding one more to the barrage of questions: what version of OpenNMS
are you running? I don't have a Performance tab on mine (recent 1.7.0
snapshot) - all my graphs are under Reports or "Resource Graphs" at
the node level.

-HKS

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Les Mikesell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ashish Nehra wrote:
>> OpenNMS is running on Linux EL and the other servers which are being
>> monitored they are also on EL Linux.
>>
>> I am now able to monitor the SNMP service on those nodes but that node
>> is not being listed under the performance tab of OpenNMS home page, any
>> help would be appreciated.
>
> I think some old net-snmp versions had problems on a 64-bit OS even
> where snmpwalk would work and the same setup worked on 32-bit boxes.  Is
> everything up to date?
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    [hidden email]

Re: CPU Utilization

Alexander Finger
And - did you have a look at the wiki under http://www.opennms.org
where most of the starting questions are explained with examples?